MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did something I probably shouldn't have done. I switched out my dash lights for leds and they didn't work so I took them out and put them old ones back in but tnow they don't work... How can I solve this ... I know it's not a fuse and or dimmer.

·
Registered
541 Posts
In there realm of "keep it simple stupid", sometimes the little things miss our attention. Like the dimmer turning the lights off. The dimmer could be set to dark. But unless set to no power, the LED will probably be off or on. You did say you reinstalled the OE and the reinstalled bulbs didn't work. I would check that the dimmer is actually turned up and the wires between the switch and the cluster are solid.
Any other items not working?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Did you check the voltage at the fuse or lamp sockets?

The fuse is the 7.5A PANEL fuse and it gets it's voltage from the Tail relay which is controlled by the 20A TAIL1 fuse

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I suppose that you could have burned out traces on the PC board.

Did you inspect for physical damage? That is always the first thing to do. It costs nothing and often discloses your problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I suppose that you could have burned out traces on the PC board.

Did you inspect for physical damage? That is always the first thing to do. It costs nothing and often discloses your problem.
I have inspected the board and it doesn't look like there were any physical damages

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you check the voltage at the fuse or lamp sockets?

The fuse is the 7.5A PANEL fuse and it gets it's voltage from the Tail relay which is controlled by the 20A TAIL1 fuse
Would I just check it with a multimeter ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In there realm of "keep it simple stupid", sometimes the little things miss our attention. Like the dimmer turning the lights off. The dimmer could be set to dark. But unless set to no power, the LED will probably be off or on. You did say you reinstalled the OE and the reinstalled bulbs didn't work. I would check that the dimmer is actually turned up and the wires between the switch and the cluster are solid.
Any other items not working?
Like ive stated... I know it's not the dimmer and yes the connections are solid

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not sure if it is related but I had led bulbs in the headlight and cornering lights and suddenly has all kinds of weird electrical issues. Changed everything back to standard bulbs. Still had the issues. I changed the daytime running lamp relay and the body control module with used ones from ebay. No more problems since.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not sure if it is related but I had led bulbs in the headlight and cornering lights and suddenly has all kinds of weird electrical issues. Changed everything back to standard bulbs. Still had the issues. I changed the daytime running lamp relay and the body control module with used ones from ebay. No more problems since.
Where do I find the lap relay and body control module.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts