MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got an actual day to myself and started tinkering.

My first spyder had bright yellow fog lights, I got off ebay 3 years ago for two dollars with a lifetime replacement warranty, but he no longer sells them. so I went on a local bulb search, no luck, so I then went on a 3m retro reflective tape hunt, also no dice.

I then decided that something new needs to be done before sunset, so I tried figuring out my interior light switch issue. Not much avail.

So 3 questions arise:
1: Where have you all purchased your yellow fog light bulbs/film for the best price and reliability?
2: I've looked and found nothing about the interior light switch. all 3 of my spyders have had history of not being cooperative when I turn the light on with the door shut, I have to jiggle the cover to keep it lit. Loose wiring?
3: what aesthetic mods have you done without burning a hole in your pocket?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
bought 99-00 yellow civic fog lights for 42 shipped. custom brackets. wired the fog lights to the side marker lights on the front bumper. the sidemarker lights are wired to the turn signal light so they only blink now.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Keyhole covers from keytechniques make a real difference without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
896 Posts
from what i hear, if you leave the car sitting with the fog lights on for too long, some films will melt. its air cooled supposedly

we painted my friends with krylon stained glass yellow, it came out really good

I haven't had any trouble with mine. Lamin-x seems to be a good quality film.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Buy a paint for you brake caliper - cost $5. I painted mine red and bought a spyder decal for $9. Total cost ~$15.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts