1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
846 Posts
TTE is now defunct and you will have to source a Remus exhaust if you want new. You may be able to find a TTE exhaust collecting dust in the back of someones warehouse, but I doubt it... TTE wasn't stocked here in the US by Toyota and was always drop shipped to your ordering dealer via TTE in Germany. Ply the for sale sections for used and they surface much much more in the UK than they do here.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd be find with remus its a matter of whatever i can get my hands on. problem is it just looks like if i don't spend a grand on the exhaust my only other option is to wait for someone to no longer want theirs. at this point in time, i don't see anyone with it not wanting it unless it had some sort of defect.

·
Registered
762 Posts
If you've just got to have this design - take the picture to a quality muffler shop and have them make one for you. I would be that for $1000, you can pretty much get anything.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you've just got to have this design - take the picture to a quality muffler shop and have them make one for you. I would be that for $1000, you can pretty much get anything.
how would sound, quality, and performance compare from the remus to a custom?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
how would sound, quality, and performance compare from the remus to a custom?
Entirely dependent upon the parts you pay them to put into it. A magnaflow firebird muffler with 2.5" piping will be much louder and tinnier than say, a Borla with 2.25" piping, which will sound throatier and quieter. Stainless vs mild steel and the tips you decide to use will also play a role, albeit lesser.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Custom is the way to go, hands down.
lol you guys are making me work.

welp, at the end of the day the only way to do things is the right way. no short cuts, i'll take a look into it and see what i need to get the results i'm looking for.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Just to show you an interesting option, here's my custom exhaust, and I love it!

Ebay headers into a stock flange and flexpipe, then the 2 pipes combine and joins the rest of the exhaust as you see at the lowest point in the picture. A magnaflow high-flow cat and muffler. It's one of the lightest exhausts I've seen. The only exhaust hangar I have is attached to the left side of the engine bay (besides the header brackets) and it works quite well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I guess I was pretty lucky to find a TTE dual a while. back. It has a rattle in the 3k RPM though. I LOVE the way it sounds when it doesn't rattle though!

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have a Remus on mine and just love the sound. I usually just leave the stereo off and listen to the exhaust. Not like the one in the ADUB that just drones. Cant recommend the Remus high enough. You could get one here in Australia cheaper but freight would bite you.

·
Registered
501 Posts
where in australia did you get that remus pete?
my cat-back exhaust (custom design based off che lotus style) is way too loud to be healthy, my mate who rides a bike even says it really loud and i don't mind the look of a remus

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
where in australia did you get that remus pete?
my cat-back exhaust (custom design based off che lotus style) is way too loud to be healthy, my mate who rides a bike even says it really loud and i don't mind the look of a remus
lol pete doesn't really have a spyder or a remus so he can't answer that question.

·
Registered
501 Posts
well regardless if pete has one or not i did get a link to one from him to get one off ebay, but 900 is a bit rich for a cat back, even with the reputation the remus has and all.
im actually starting to see a bonus on my insainly loud exhaust, No one tailgates me anymore ever:lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts