1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
9/18/2013:
So, I went car shopping yesterday and end up with this for myself:

2011 BMW 328i
I gotta say, for a sedan it feels great to drive spiritedly. Of course, there's the 335i or the M3 but those are absolutely out of what I want to pay monthly, as well as, for maintenance and fuel consumption. This is the reason why I decided to go with the 328i, which is also known for its bulletproof motor.

5/21/2012: So I flew home on Friday, from Washington, to go buy this German baby here:

Of course, if I was buying the car for myself, it would be something a little more in the likes of a Spyder. But I actually bought this car for my girlfriend.

2009 MB C300 (W204 for all you MB fanboys :lol:)
P1, AMG Wheels, Pana Sunroof, Multimedia Package.

I have to be honest, this is probably one of the most fun sedan that I have ever driven in my life (I've driven an E Class, IS 350, GS 300, 328, Accord, Carmy, etc..). I really can't imagine what a C63 or M3 would be like to drive. The 3 series that we test drove was actually more fun for me than the C300 but the C300 felt better than all the Lexus I have driven IMO. the C-Class really got the mix between comfort and sport right and since the car is really for my girlfriend, the C-Class won! This is the first German car for me and for her as well. Actually, for both of our family as a whole, but so far I can see how these Germans got their following.

I still gotta decide what I'm going to replace the Spyder with...been contemplating giving the new Retractable Hardtop MX5 a look, as well as, taking a second look at an AP2 S2000. Meanwhile, I still have this little thing to get me around town and get me to the mountain for snowboarding in the winter :cool::

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
You bought that for your GF?!! um can I be your second GF? It doesn't have to be a MB, Lexus is fine. Love you. :lol:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Nice choice, going with the Mercedes.

Great car if you can afford the initial cost. Can't fault anybody for giving up the Spyder for a Mercedes.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Nice purchase! If you ever want to mod the C class, let me know! You should have gone with a C63 though. B)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You bought that for your GF?!! um can I be your second GF? It doesn't have to be a MB, Lexus is fine. Love you. :lol:
Sorry bro, I'm a one lady man. Moreover, I'm a ladies only type of man. :lol:

Nice choice, going with the Mercedes.

Great car if you can afford the initial cost. Can't fault anybody for giving up the Spyder for a Mercedes.
Thanks! The car is great for the purpose that it's built for.

The initial cost is the cheap part of a mercedes.
The car is under warranty so any major or minor ins and outs of the car, minus the wear and tear, is covered. A service A (essentially an oil change along with other parts inspection) is around $300-$350. The good news is that the Service A is only required once a year or every 10K miles, Service B is about $100 more and is required every other year. An oil change for Spyder used to cost me $70 (full synthetic with a high end oil filter) when I was too lazy to do it myself, multiply that by 3 times a year and you'll come very close to the $300 mark for the annual service A. As for other services like brakes, I think the price will be fairly close if I were to use true/brand name high performance parts on the Spyder that are equivalent with the parts used on the Mercedes. I really think that it's all relative.

Nice purchase! If you ever want to mod the C class, let me know! You should have gone with a C63 though. B)
Thanks! I like the car a lot and it's perfect for my gf. Honestly, if it was for me, I would've gone with a BMW, 335 or M3 if I could afford it. I'm probably not gonna mod this car, but I'm really thinking long and hard about a E9X M3. Do you have parts for those too? :D Or I may end up with something similar to the spyder and since I want a retractable hardtop, it leaves very little choices....either an newer Z4 or MX-5. The MX-5 is probably closer to the feel of a Spyder.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Thanks! The car is great for the purpose that it's built for.

The car is under warranty so any major or minor ins and outs of the car, minus the wear and tear, is covered. A service A (essentially an oil change along with other parts inspection) is around $300-$350. The good news is that the Service A is only required once a year or every 10K miles, Service B is about $100 more and is required every other year. An oil change for Spyder used to cost me $70 (full synthetic with a high end oil filter) when I was too lazy to do it myself, multiply that by 3 times a year and you'll come very close to the $300 mark for the annual service A. As for other services like brakes, I think the price will be fairly close if I were to use true/brand name high performance parts on the Spyder that are equivalent with the parts used on the Mercedes. I really think that it's all relative.
My windshield that I just ordered for my Spyder was $80 more then the one for my Porsche and that was without factoring in the need to still order the damn moulding around the glass from Toyota that I forgot to order.
A reman trans for my Porsche is actually $80 less then a reman 5spd for my Spyder and that is even with a custom 5th gear to lower the highway RPM's. There's been a whole list of parts that have been more expensive for my Toyota then for my Porsche. People told me the Porsche parts would be expensive due to the Porsche Premium but so far I mostly see the Toyota Tax as hitting me up for more money and more often.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My windshield that I just ordered for my Spyder was $80 more then the one for my Porsche and that was without factoring in the need to still order the damn moulding around the glass from Toyota that I forgot to order.
A reman trans for my Porsche is actually $80 less then a reman 5spd for my Spyder and that is even with a custom 5th gear to lower the highway RPM's. There's been a whole list of parts that have been more expensive for my Toyota then for my Porsche. People told me the Porsche parts would be expensive due to the Porsche Premium but so far I mostly see the Toyota Tax as hitting me up for more money and more often.

Wow, that is pretty hard to believe. But you are really on to something. This is my first MB and I just to think that maintenance and care for a German car would be an arm and a leg to, but so far, prices has sounded very reasonable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow, that is pretty hard to believe. But you are really on to something. This is my first MB and I just to think that maintenance and care for a German car would be an arm and a leg to, but so far, prices has sounded very reasonable.
Merc is the cheapest German one to own, i think.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So this poor little boy has 3 cars to his name....

Added an update on the original post.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts