MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2001 MR2 Spyder. 11,000 miles. Showroom condition. All stock. Basically like a brand new car. Garage kept since 2001. Super clean. Runs and drives perfectly. Everything is perfect on this car perfect except for a tiny dent on the right side of the vehicle you can barely see. This car is very close to perfect, probably one of the lowest mileage MR2 Spyders in the country.

Asking $13,500 OBO. Cash or wire transfer only. Clean Title. Located near Scranton, Pennsylvania. Contact at 570-592-two two six three

·
Registered
119 Posts
Willing to part it out?

Jokes aside, that is a fairly mint car. Good luck trying to offload it. Just curious, it doesn't still have the OEM tires on it does it? If so, those are 17 year old tires and I wouldn't trust those one bit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Willing to part it out?

Jokes aside, that is a fairly mint car. Good luck trying to offload it. Just curious, it doesn't still have the OEM tires on it does it? If so, those are 17 year old tires and I wouldn't trust those one bit.
The tires have good tread and were replaced before.

See picture below.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If I am not mistaken, those tires look to have a date of manufacture of 2800. That would indicate that tire you have pictured was made in the middle of 2000. Would not trust 17 year old tires regardless of how much tread they have. It probably has lost a significant amount of grip due to the age of the rubber.

Otherwise the car looks great, just be cautious of the tires if they are as old as it appears.

The tires have good tread and were replaced before.

See picture below.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
GLWS, incredible find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
If so, those are 17 year old tires and I wouldn't trust those one bit.
In this condition and at that price, it is likely that whoever purchases this car will be doing so for reasons other than a daily driver. Should that reason be to save and show the car in all original condition, it is an absolute plus to have those old tires. It is easy to purchase an extra set of wheels (1've got 2 full post-facelift sets in the attic) and put new tires on them so the car can be driven safely. But if one is serious about showing the car, having those original tires along with the original car is gold. If someone is looking for a daily driver, at that asking price, it would be much better to purchase a low mileage post-facelift car to avoid having to deal with the pre-cat issues of the pre-facelift cars. My hope is that the seller gets the full asking price and that the buyer saves the car. "Original" is getting harder and harder to find, these days and for the purposes stated above, justifies a higher price.

If I had the money and space, I'd jump on it just to park it.
Agreed.

Good luck with your sale. Hold out for the right person to buy. . . . just my two cents worth.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In this condition and at that price, it is likely that whoever purchases this car will be doing so for reasons other than a daily driver. Should that reason be to save and show the car in all original condition, it is an absolute plus to have those old tires. It is easy to purchase an extra set of wheels (1've got 2 full post-facelift sets in the attic) and put new tires on them so the car can be driven safely. But if one is serious about showing the car, having those original tires along with the original car is gold. If someone is looking for a daily driver, at that asking price, it would be much better to purchase a low mileage post-facelift car to avoid having to deal with the pre-cat issues of the pre-facelift cars. My hope is that the seller gets the full asking price and that the buyer saves the car. "Original" is getting harder and harder to find, these days and for the purposes stated above, justifies a higher price.

Agreed.

Good luck with your sale. Hold out for the right person to buy. . . . just my two cents worth.
Thank you, I'm hoping to find the right buyer that will preserve the car as well. The buyer is free to whatever they want with the car of course. Everything on the car is original and like new. The pictures really don't do justice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This car is still for sale if anyone is interested.

Listed on ebay now. It won't lemme post the link but just search for MR2 spyder with low mileage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts