MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've always wondered what a green Spyder would look like with yellow lipstick, Lotus 7 style.

But then again, I've always been a bit of a nerd about Lotuses and British sports cars in general.

Hmmm... Photoshop wizards to the rescue?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Seantc, those photoshops made my day. Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
don't care for the look (except the red/black combo), but it's your car...

·
Registered
782 Posts
Reminds me too much of the Mazda smilly face grill.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
did someone say photoshop?

the 2003 looks very stupid
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:lol2::lol::lol2:

The green one looks like it has never brushed its teeth, and the black one has a cute smile with dimples.
Hilarious. I would pay to see either of those.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
The actual 'lipstick' style looks like complete crap on a spyder IMO. It's really hard to pull it off on anything but an Aston.

I wouldn't consider the paint scheme that Drummerdawg went with lipstick, as it's more of in the mouth of the grill.

TurboJimbo thought up Drummer's paint scheme anyway :p (inside joke for some)

·
Registered
138 Posts
The Jaguar D-Type looks good with it (but then again, would look good with any paint job):

And the car that started it all:

Due to, as rumor would have it, a green Lotus 7 getting its front end damaged right before the official unveiling and the only replacement was a yellow front end from another Lotus 7.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
I stand corrected.

After a second thought, I think it has a lot to do with overall size. Look at the area outlined compared to the rest of the front end. If you're outlining a big area like the Spyder has, it just doesn't look good. All this excludes the Lotus 7 and other non full bodied cars.

·
Registered
89 Posts
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!:lol2::lol::lol2:

The green one looks like it has never brushed its teeth, and the black one has a cute smile with dimples.
Hilarious. I would pay to see either of those.
OMG....... "cute smile with dimples"...... LOL!!! Now I can never look at my car the same again! (it's solid red, but now I see the "smile with dimples" LOL!!!!

Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts