MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My husband just gave me a red 2003 Spyder for our 20 anniversary and I love it! One question - on left-hand side of the dash there's a fat little red button that I can't figure out. Don't see it in the user's manual. I like to think it's a passenger ejector seat but probably not. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Time to start tracing wires since it's after market.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
There aren't any fat buttons, red buttons, or fat red buttons in any year of Spyder I'm aware of, so it's got to be somebody's add-on. Chase the wire, after you eliminate all the obvious possibilities.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds like an aftermarket button. Maybe for the fog lights or power antenna, but could be anything.

·
Registered
750 Posts
It's a throwback that as installed when Men In Black came out...whatever you do, don't push the red button

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
First, welcome to Spyder-dom. Second, go for it...push the fat little red button :oops:o_O

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got one of those on my red 2001. It's aftermarket and mine is for starting. You turn the key, then push the button to start the car. Dumb, as far as I'm concerned, but the previous owner hung all sorts of bells and whistles on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts