MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all!

Here is a video of my soon to be brother in law at a track near my place (Autodrome St-Eustache): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRJ0jri9vPQ&feature=youtu.be
He did a very fast time of 1.00:868 with a pretty much stock car that had 138hp when new but now only has 128hp (dyno tested). He has a red 2000 MR2 Spyder with BC Racing coilover, was running 225/45/13 Hoosier A6 (used from my previous autox season), Carbotech XP8 pads and safety items such as racing seats and roll bar.

I'm having my first time attack of the season at the same place this sunday the 10th and my goal is 59.xxx and this would be a very big accomplishement with a low power car. I can count on a car that should have stock power (will dyno this summer), a better suspension (Standard Suspension R7 time attack), fresh Hoosier R6, 2080lbs wet (about 100lbs less then his), LSD, urethane bushings everywere and Carbotech XP8 pads.

I will keep you guys posted with a nice little video too!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The result: 1.01:042

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h--sH078xM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I am still happy with the result since I've never driven this fast before and did some things with the car that I never did before.

I also that our little and well balance car cannot bring R6 Hoosiers to optimal temperature in 15 minutes. I could bring them up to 135 to 145 degree...right in the A6 optimal temperature. I will still keep them for the full season to really confirm this.

I also learned that i need to work on my driving skills, Standard Suspension makes a good product that work really well and my competition is really really fast! I was 0.8 seconds behind the leader and 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th (me) were only 0.3 second apart!

Next race is an autox this comming Saturday and next time attack is July 28th at a small track called Sanair.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
omg is that a white tercel that is on the track with you?!?!?! thats crazy!!! and that thing looks 10x better than my old tercel!

My First and Previous car: :cool:

Btw awesome driving! car looks great too!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah and it's well prepared and very fast! He is running a 1.3L Turbo from Japan.

And on top of that, he's a really nice guy!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.