MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my spyder since 2011. It’s my only car & I love it.

My landlord just took my parking spot away, yes, illegally & that’s a whole thing. I have access to another garage spot, but you cannot actually park there without scraping the underside of your car because the sidewalk/driveway to the garage is at a stupid angle on a hill & has a large hump. Prior tenants have had a mid 2000s VW bug, a 2010ish 2 door Mini Cooper that all scraped but a newer Nissan Rogue Sport did not.

Anyways, landlord is not helpful at all. I know driveways can be regraded but I doubt that’s going to happen unless the city somehow decides it’s necessary. I’ve seen mats for sale, but they seem to usually just be for curbs.

Any thoughts? I guess if I want access to a garage spot, I’m on my own to figure out how to get my car in the spot without damaging it. I have a photo to show the garage entrance issue but I think I haven’t posted enough to add photos…

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I use rv leveling blocks, the long type for my daughters driveway. You have to get out of the car to put them down but they work to not scrape.
This is probably the more adult version of my answer which is wooden boards.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking wood planks but the level blocks look cool too. I wonder if they’d stay in place though. The way that I have to approach the entrance is traveling up hill, and turning left into the garage, it’s manageable but then the right front tire gets over the dip & scrapes. So I’d need something that I can butt up against the dip & I think as soon as my tire hit the tall end of the level, it would just push the level forward 😵‍💫

Omg not being able to post a photo is driving me nuts!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts