MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

New to the forums but have been lurking for a while. Ive been a part of mr2oc for a long time now. I owned a red 91 NA as my first car in high school and kept it at college until someone decided to run into it while it was parked on the side of the road. After it was totaled i purchased a 93T that i got in around 99. I had this car until 2009 when i sold it to buy a house (i still regret it). It had a ton of mods, was fast, and amazing! Heres a pic.

Now im looking to get back into the game. I started looking at the MK2 again because thats what i know. Never really looked at the Spyder. But after browsing around here and looking at what can be done to these Spyder's, some of them look just breath takingly amazing, ive made my decision to get one. Spyders like Ikrana's, Xbiker, and Ilogik (omg so sick) have sold me on this.

Well, thanks for having me and i look forward to spending lots of time on here as well as the day i finally buy my spyder.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome, It sounds you like wide body spyder's by the names you said. Just keep in mind they can get very costly, but I'm sure your aware of that being from a 91-95 mr2 background. Good luck in your search and there's alot of good people around here that know the spyder more then me. You might want to post your location in your profile as it would be easy for people to help in your search.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome, It sounds you like wide body spyder's by the names you said. Just keep in mind they can get very costly, but I'm sure your aware of that being from a 91-95 mr2 background. Good luck in your search and there's alot of good people around here that know the spyder more then me. You might want to post your location in your profile as it would be easy for people to help in your search.
Thanks, Ill update my profile. Im located on the West coast, Fresno, CA. And yes, I know too well about how costly they can be, project cars always are.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
:lol:Hi Craer. I'm in Fresno, too. Let me know if you want to hook-up sometime. I'm just learning about Spyders, and cars, in general. I've got a 03 mostly stock 040 super white with a 1D0 hardtop. There were a couple of early Spuyders in Craig's list for a long time, but I just checked and could only find this one. http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/2498138935.html I have no idea if this is a good car or not -- just saw it scouring Craig's list. Often members here will post their cars for sale, so you might want to check here often. Since you seem to like the wide body mods, did you happen to see this car that was just posted today? http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?48097-New-Mrs-body-kit-quot-LP-Super-warrento-quot

Welcome to Spydechat. :welcome: Here's a pic of my not wide,stock Spyder.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, already someone from Fresno. Very clean car you have there, love the hard top! I actually emailed the guy about that ad but it had already been sold. In my limited searching I'm pretty sure I'll be leaning towards an 03+.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Your just like me, had a NA and Turbo MK2. Left mr2's for awhile and came back into the fold with a spyder.

Things to know if you ever worked on a mk2 or mk1 you will love working on the spyder. It's so easy that just from that stand point you will never want to go back. No more burning yourself doing oil changes. No more cursing about the location of the AC compressor. The list goes on and on. Do what you want with the car when you get it just have fun and chase power however you see fit. But remember boost is crack and like crack it gets expensive.

I know the horror of turbo spyders all too well!!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
the MK2 looked super clean! bummer you had to part with it. good luck with your search. once you get a Spyder, start to mod it & the relationship grows- no doubt in my mind, you will fall in love all over again.WELCOME

·
Registered
627 Posts
Welcome! maybe you'll make it to the next cali meet. my cereal is stale :unsure:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I had a 91 MR2--you will never go back once you drive a Spyder. It really is a different car; it is so much lighter and more nimble, it turns in so much easier, it is more forgiving when you make a mistake, and best of all it is a newer car.

I do still appreciate the 2nd gen cars, but I sure don't miss the water dripping on my leg every time it rained:)

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I had a 91 MR2--you will never go back once you drive a Spyder. It really is a different car; it is so much lighter and more nimble, it turns in so much easier, it is more forgiving when you make a mistake, and best of all it is a newer car.

I do still appreciate the 2nd gen cars, but I sure don't miss the water dripping on my leg every time it rained:)

Haha, Memories!! when I sat on a sw20 T-top, I mentioned it smelled like my old T-top SC AW11!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts