MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
REGARDING ME NEW RED RIMS...... (please see my previous posts LOL).....

OK so here's the skinny - I slept on it and I decided that maybe (now I don't want everyone getting big heads over this! LOL) that just MAYBE a lot of the comments are right. I'm not 100% sure that I like the look, or that I was trying to convince myself that I did....

So, here's the plan. I have those rims on there for now, and I only spent around $700 so not a big deal. I think I will, rather than buying another pair of rims, get rims PLUS new tires. Now - here is a real dumb question, so I hope you guys can bear with me..... after all we all need to learn different things in life and when it comes to cars I am totally lame (I am a computer engineer LOL), but WHAT rims and tire combo would look really sweet on this car, enough to keep me happy and hold me over until I can get my body kit from Thailand? How LARGE of rims/tires can this vehicle safely accept and ride well with? Do I have to keep the wheels and rims staggered for performance, or? How does that work?

I would really love some new rim and tire suggestions. Like I said before, I see there is a LOT of knowledge from people on this board that know a great deal about this vehicle, and I am only just getting wet behind the ears..... so I appreciate any help that comes my way.

Oh - and I already found a buyer for these red rims here at work! I am giving them to him for 1/2 the price, so he will be pretty happy

Thanks again guys,

Mike

Oh, and a few of you have asked for a shot of my new audio system.... This is my Pioneer AppRadio and dedicated iPhone4 combo with a hidden Verizon 4G hot spot in the glove box, so as the total computer nerd that I am, I am always wired in :)..........

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Your car looks ugly with those rims their is my opinion,Its rice.Remember your not driving a Honda Civic.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your car looks ugly with those rims their is my opinion,Its rice.Remember your not driving a Honda Civic.
YES I UNDERSTAND THAT - I have been told it looks horrible by a lot of people now - we've already established that...... My post is asking for suggestions..... can you give me some ideas besides the stock rims? I have the stock rims stored away, and I really want to use something different. What do you think would look good?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Here are my two sets I have.

Street set: 17x7 Enkei RP03 (15mm spacer in rear) Clean simple understated

Race Set 16X7 SSR Comps super light weight+great looks=awesome race wheel

·
Registered
731 Posts
What I can suggest is trying some of the wheel simulators that many suppliers have embedded in their sites. Tire Rack, OZ, etc. etc. all should have these. If you can't find any of them I can try to find you the links to a few. Good luck and do what makes YOU happy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Those RP03 wheels look amazing. I have stock now, but those look amazing. I wish it came in hyper black or gunmetal. Goin for a black/spectra blue theme ;)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Those RP03 wheels look amazing. I have stock now, but those look amazing. I wish it came in hyper black or gunmetal. Goin for a black/spectra blue theme ;)
They did a run of them in black. Only in limited sizes/bolt patterns though. I don't know 4x100 was included.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How much are you willing to spend? And how soon do you want them? I went to the tire shop here hoping to get some konig feather's, in the size and color I wanted they wouldn't get them until may.

I ended up getting Enkei RPF1's http://www.enkei.com/rpf1.shtml I got 15's in the front and 16's for the rear.
They don't go with my car as well as I hoped for at the moment, but to me its all about endgame. Don't buy something now just to buy new ones after summer when you get your body kit in, buy something that will last.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm a big fan of the 949racing 6UL 15x8, the bronze would look great on your red car.

Here is my car with Enkei RPF1's 15x7 BFG R1 205/50/15

Here is my car with Motegi Tracklite's 15x6.5 Nitto Neogen 205/50/15

The magnets were just on there for the pics and autox only. I don't drive around with them on.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Those RPF1's are awesome, definitely one of the most flattering on our cars in my opinion.

I don't agree. That's why there are so many ricers out in the street. It"s common sense; if you modify your car, you want it to look appealing to others and yourself.
The thing is, common sense is not so common. If people are so quick to get the approval of others, they will often find themselves not happy with the results even though they have 'gained the approval' of others. Since property is 9/10ths of the law, and this seems to be his property, he can do with it what he wants.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here are my two sets I have.

Street set: 17x7 Enkei RP03 (15mm spacer in rear) Clean simple understated

Race Set 16X7 SSR Comps super light weight+great looks=awesome race wheel
Your car is quite beautiful! Love your wheels, and the paint color really pops!

Mike

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm not 100% sure that I like the look, or that I was trying to convince myself that I did....
You will not be easily able to sell those. So get them painted gunmetal, primer, or gloss black.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm a big fan of the 949racing 6UL 15x8, the bronze would look great on your red car.

Here is my car with Enkei RPF1's 15x7 BFG R1 205/50/15

Here is my car with Motegi Tracklite's 15x6.5 Nitto Neogen 205/50/15

The magnets were just on there for the pics and autox only. I don't drive around with them on.
Awesome pics - your car looks amazing :)

·
Registered
23,072 Posts
Those RPF1's are awesome, definitely one of the most flattering on our cars in my opinion.

The thing is, common sense is not so common. If people are so quick to get the approval of others, they will often find themselves not happy with the results even though they have 'gained the approval' of others. Since property is 9/10ths of the law, and this seems to be his property, he can do with it what he wants.
Really I didn't know that. I thought there is a rule that you must buy the right kind of wheels or else.
And those god awful simulators look nothing like what the car looks like with wheels.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts