MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies for starting a new thread on an existing topic, but the stupid rules of this forum dictate that I have to have ten threads created before I am allowed to reply to an existing one and/or reach out to a member requesting info or parts purchase. This despite having an account for over 9 months.

ANYHOW...

My daughter's '03 MR-2 is having the factory alarm in the middle of the night problem and it sounds like the DEV door bushing kit might stabilize the door on the switch and stop all these annoying 3am false alarms. I pulled the fuse for the horn just to stop the racket, but with a car this small you really need a functioning horn to make sure you don't get run-over by the mastodon SUVs on the road - I gotta get this fixed. Can someone please hook me up with DEV so I can buy a set from his next 3D printing batch? My direct e-mail is: [email protected]

Reference link:

Thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
It could be the radar sensor that's triggering the alarm. You can try pushing the radar disable button before locking the car and see if it stops.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Appreciate the suggestion, thanks. I have been considering total removal of that module (if I could find it) in case it was the reason for the false alarms in the middle of the night. I did see an article on the alarm motion/radar sensor stating that it was on the driver's side of the center console just under the carpet.:

That module was already unplugged when we bought the car, I guess the previous owner found the thread on the forum and tried to stop the false alarms before giving up and selling the car.

Funny how that technically very useful thread started out with "ejector seat" shenanigans. :)

·
Registered
'02 6 spd Manual (C66)
440 Posts
I'd consider selling mine if I could get them off. Haven't tried yet, but they are used as well.

·
Registered
23,124 Posts
Someone sent me a message about this thread. It sounds like you need a new trigger switch for the door. I am happy to sell you the door bushings as I have them in stock and it might work but as an enthusiast I would just be taking your money and possibly not solving your issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts