MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Title pretty much covers it.
Just picked up a 2000. It's original wrap is silver but owner has it covered with white. Only problem is, it has lots of tree bark on it which is extremely hard to get rid of.
Anyways, I'm looking some interior and exterior appearance modifications that I can add. The owner has a silver dotted like shift knob (looks good) and silver spider themed knobs for ac / fan adjustments. I would like to keep it 'spider' theme (nothing overdone or extra) a simple clean spider look if that makes sense. ty
Or could be any look tbh, just want a clean looking car.
I do like the trd market stuff, if anyone could recom me some of those

·
Registered
2001 Spyder
21 Posts
No idea what condition your headlights are in, but if they're hazy, I'd recommend purchasing a restoration kit and making them nice again. Car will look 100x better. Also, make sure all of your bushings are intact and read the new owner guides on here!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
A clean looking car would be one that doesn't have a bunch of stuff added to it, IMHO.

Wheels, headlights, replace the top, done.

What counts are the parts you can't see.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let’s see some pics, so we can see what you’re working with!

(Read: Looks good? WE’LL be the judge of that!)
Will send pics in a few hours when I get home. I'm definitely thinking of either finding a way to clean the tree sap or tar (idk what it is) or take the that wrap off (it's a secondary wrap)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No idea what condition your headlights are in, but if they're hazy, I'd recommend purchasing a restoration kit and making them nice again. Car will look 100x better. Also, make sure all of your bushings are intact and read the new owner guides on here!
Headlights are in a decent condition, will clean them up though. Is there a specific product you would recommend?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
A clean looking car would be one that doesn't have a bunch of stuff added to it, IMHO.

Wheels, headlights, replace the top, done.

What counts are the parts you can't see.
Owner put after market wheels, they look really good in my opinion. Will send pics when I get home :)

·
Registered
2001 Spyder
21 Posts
The Sylvania headlight restoration kit is fantastic. Best thing to do is to be extremely thorough, and purchase additional UV sealant, as the sun will yellow the lenses fairly quickly.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How much for the tape deck???? Me likey much, and I have hundreds of cassettes.
Owner gave it with the car, I just use it to connect my phone and rock my jam :). So I wouldn't know how much it was. Can tell you the brand if you're interested

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Owner gave it with the car, I just use it to connect my phone and rock my jam :). So I wouldn't know how much it was. Can tell you the brand if you're interested
That's a stock radio, came in the earlier cars. Newer ones had a 6 disc changer instead of single disc/cassette.

If you were looking to get rid of it, I'd talk to you about it but the fact is that old cassette decks usually fail pretty quickly when pressed into constant service after 15-20 years of being dormant... and they usually eat one of my tapes when they do so. So, I guess never mind. I just get excited when I see a working tape deck

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I have a working (when removed) stock radio from my first Spyder...I used to use the same cassette adapter to play songs from my iPod. If you're interested in it shoot me a PM.

Reactions: pwnzor

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
My honest opinion as to the car's appearance:
  • Exterior has a clean look, if I were to change anything, I'd replace the vinyl top with cloth and lower the car at least an inch or three. New suspension can be a deep rabbit hole, beware.
  • Interior -
    • I don't care for the shift knob, the A/C controls or cigarette lighter. If they were anodized black, I'd probably feel differently. The shift knob should be discarded in favor of a leather weighted knob regardless of color.
    • Seats look nice and clean
You've got a pretty nice car there, it doesn't really need much. I'd say get some good driving in before making up your mind about aesthetic things, and think more about performance enhancing mods first.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts