MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum, although I have perused it on and off for the past few years.

I have a 2001 white/black stripe, spyder mr2 with 103000 miles, most put on by me.

Within the next year I will be looking to do the 2zz engine swap and a turbo as a complete package (maybe coilovers). Unfortunately I will not have the time (patience or skill for that matter) to be able to gather the parts necessary or to do the installation myself. I do know that some like bottlefed and littlerocket offer a complete package for the swap. however I am located in the state of Maryland and would prefer to avoid the hassle of transport for that distance.

I would like to know if there is anyone on this forum who can or is willing to do this this project as a complete package who is located closer to me.

Appreciate your comments

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
A 2zz swap is easy but a turbo 2zz is not. I would recommend contacting monkeywrench racing. It will cost at least $10k.

·
Registered
988 Posts
for a reliable 2zz turbo you would need to lower the compression or you could be in store for some issues. Buy a built 1zz and you will be down for some power.. saying you have the correct work done. either that or get a rebuilt stock from MRW and do a low pressure turbo at 5-10psi for 200-250hp..
Either that or just go NA 2zz. either way will be fun and fast.

·
Registered
971 Posts
1zz built will be more than enough power... 2zz turbo is way better but I really can't justify unless you are going really big with a transmission and shafts to hold that power.. but for 250-400whp 1zz will do fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts