MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The perforated top of the arm rest is a bit loose, can it be tightened up?

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
The perforated top of the arm rest is a bit loose, can it be tightened up?
Hi johnnyk . . .

based on your description, it makes me wonder if you are asking about an aftermarket armrest. Could you post a picture so we know what you are asking about? That would help us a bunch to help you figure out if a fix is possible.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Arm rest trim panel

Hi johnnyk . . .

based on your description, it makes me wonder if you are asking about an aftermarket armrest. Could you post a picture so we know what you are asking about? That would help us a bunch to help you figure out if a fix is possible.
Its this trim piece that 's a bit loose not the arm rest itself. Thanks for any hints, guys.
. Arm rest.jpg

·
Registered
326 Posts

Its clipped in so you cant tighten it

·
Registered
326 Posts
You could get some 3m hd wall mount tape and put a small strip in to cushion it or any thin foam too maybe

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
You could get some 3m hd wall mount tape and put a small strip in to cushion it or any thin foam too maybe
I tried doing that when I accidently bent and eventually broke off one of the mounting tabs --but to no avail. I even tried building up a support wall (out of a bit of bondo) to try to force the Velcro to adhere better, but still it would not make for a snug fit. Ultimately, I ended up buying a new arm rest trim piece from the stealership. Now it's just right.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
A dab of E6000 glue would hold them down, taped to secure while drying. I made some aluminum pieces with padding and use E6000 instead of clips. It will pull apart like a strong velcro grip when needed to remove the door panel. Available at Michael's

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just bought replacements off for 35 bucks each plus a 5% off code. Previous owner wrapped them in some pleather and broke one of the tabs. Lkm if you want the link/code

1 - 13 of 13 Posts