MR2 SpyderChat banner

Lotus Evija

874 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  serialk11r 
#1 · (Edited)
Million dollar hypermegasupercars aren't really talked about around here (and I think that's a good thing), but this really caught my attention. Obviously 2000hp is ludicrous, esp. with a 70kWh battery. From the sound of it, it's a lithium titanate battery, since they claim it can do 9 minute charges, so that battery probably is just as heavy as the Tesla 100kWh LiFePO4. I assume someday it would be possible to replace with a newer chemistry like aluminum-ion to give it more range for less weight. It should be possible to shed 300-400lbs by doing that, bringing it down to a pretty respectable 3400lbs.

But what really got me excited was the fact that this thing obviously has spent a lot of time in the wind tunnel! All recent Lotuses have had trash for aero, probably because they couldn't afford the R&D.

Hopefully this means we're getting a really great new Elise in 2 years. I hope I have enough money to buy one...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.