MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I never put my top up...I can't always hear
My blinker. The dash indicator lights aren't bright enough to see always. Anybody know how to wire a buzzer etc.. To the blinkers? I don't want to be the"idiot" running around with my blinkers on... Thanks

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I guess but two LCDs, two backup cameras, and point them at your tail lights. bonus: you will know when you are two foot driving (on the brakes).

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Since I never put my top up...I can't always hear
My blinker. The dash indicator lights aren't bright enough to see always. Anybody know how to wire a buzzer etc.. To the blinkers? I don't want to be the"idiot" running around with my blinkers on... Thanks
I was right there doing just that today! I'm a gonna subscribe to this thread and watch for wisdom and knowledge about this one. I hate being that idiot old man (no reference to "Old Man" of this forum). :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys

Thank you Knucklehead and Old Man... You were right ... the Binicle snaps right off the instrument cluster. Remove 3 screws and you can get to everything. There are 3 plugs ...a small white, a large blue, and a large white. Remove the large white plug. Locate the green wire with yellow stripe and the green wire with black stripe. These are the right and left blinker hot wires. I tapped into these with a small Radio Shack ($3.99 each) buzzer. A high tone for the left and a low tone for the right. connect the ground wires to the metal dash mounts and there you have it. No more idiot going down the road with blinkers on. The buzzers are just loud enough to hear but not obnoxious.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You can't just glance at the dash? I've never had a problem and have not heard the blinker relay click in years.
In the sun with the top down, I have missed mine blinking for a bit. I really hate the morons driving with their blinkers on, and don't want to join that crowd lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts