MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The OG hoonigan takes us out for yet another smoke filled ride through a thinly vieled DC Shoes commercial.

If it were possible, this one has become even MORE of a production as opposed to raw driving film, so if you didn't like the hooning last time around you're sure to hate this one too. But, if Block's rally Fiesta gets your pants all warm, then there's still some cool shots and great sounds.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
That was stupid, silly, outrageous, juvenile and for some reason I loved every second of it. If it had ever faltered by taking itself seriously, it would have been a disaster of a video.

I liked the part where everyone shooting that liquor commercial suffered sudden complete and permanent hearing loss.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly. These videos are getting so dumb that you can't even compare it to gymkhana or rally, or any motorsport at all. Yet, it doesn't matter (for me), because I just smile through the entire thing.

I love the shot where he jumps that curb in the parking lot and the car backfires in mid air. That Fiesta is like the coolest car ever.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
Travis Pastrana's foot makes an appearance at about the 38 second mark. Or at least he should have the honor of kicking Ken Block in the face.

To call Block an OG hoonigan is blasphemous in it's own right. Maybe New school, but not OG.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Not sure why, but I loved it. I think its gotten to a point of sillyness which is what makes it entertaining.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Travis Pastrana's foot makes an appearance at about the 38 second mark. Or at least he should have the honor of kicking Ken Block in the face.

To call Block an OG hoonigan is blasphemous in it's own right. Maybe New school, but not OG.
As far as I know, this video series was genesis for the term. So, if that's true, he has to be OG. But you're right, he's not the first badass, crazy driver. Just the first "hoonigan", or at least the first well known one.

·
Registered
365 Posts
That video was awesome. I wish I had 1/4 of the skill that he has.

Oh, and would I be a ricer if I went and did what he did to his fenders???B)

·
Registered
663 Posts
doing it in the universal studios backlot was a great idea. i always enjoyed going to USH and the backlot tour is cool. im surprised he didnt damage anything back there in that tight backlot (or did he?).

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
That was stupid, silly, outrageous, juvenile and for some reason I loved every second of it. If it had ever faltered by taking itself seriously, it would have been a disaster of a video.

I liked the part where everyone shooting that liquor commercial suffered sudden complete and permanent hearing loss.
It's not a liquor commercial, it's only the greatest cooking show EVER ; Epic Meal Time

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well, had to do it. I've made it through 4 of these now and this is the first thing I've bought, so that's not too bad. Probably the most ridiculous shoes I've ever owned, and I consider myself a collector.

Apparently they're going like hotcakes. The store I bought these from only had this one pair since the left shoe was the display.

·
Registered
526 Posts
^^^^^the kicks are dope! always like grey & green combo. lime is cool! i only have a coupple pairs & dont rock-em too often but there is something about high-tops that is just awesome. when i say awesome im talking old school style tough & cool like AC Slater!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts