MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced the lower front control arm on by Sienna and my Mr2 feels left out so I am planning on replacing the control arms on my MR2. I put in new KYB's two years ago but the suspension still feels a little cluncky. Honestly, for the most part I just tool around town. There are no fun roads in Central Florida.

Should I:
Put the extra effort into refurbishing them with Nolothane bushings. I would have to find a machine shop to press then in place. It also looks like they have offset holes so you have to press them in at a specific angle?
Or buy Dorman's
Or a cheaper no name (at least to me) brand.
Or your favorite brand?

Cost difference is not that big a deal, but saving $50 is saving $50. Finding the machine shop and having it done would have to be worth it.

· Registered
254 Posts
I just took out a set of front LCAs with Whiteline poly bushings already installed. They're in great shape, only switched to put in T3 adjustable control arms. They're made by Moog, have about 5k miles on them, and I'll ship them if you want. Installing the bushings isn't that bad, you can probably get the tools for less than a shop would charge. Or you can DM me and save some time and money :)

· Registered
155 Posts
Just replaced the lower front control arm on by Sienna and my Mr2 feels left out so I am planning on replacing the control arms on my MR2. I put in new KYB's two years ago but the suspension still feels a little cluncky. Honestly, for the most part I just tool around town. There are no fun roads in Central Florida.

Should I:
Put the extra effort into refurbishing them with Nolothane bushings. I would have to find a machine shop to press then in place. It also looks like they have offset holes so you have to press them in at a specific angle?
Or buy Dorman's
Or a cheaper no name (at least to me) brand.
Or your favorite brand?

Cost difference is not that big a deal, but saving $50 is saving $50. Finding the machine shop and having it done would have to be worth it.
I really liked the KYB shocks that I had on the car before I swapped over to Konis. Knowing Florida roads and that they LCAs are only 2 years old are you sure that there is not something else that is knocking around? Whiteline bushings are nice so it wouldn't hurt to try out the LCAs from gbravi.

Gbravi if bentoddh isn't interested in the LCAs I would be willing to pay for them ;). I am pretty sure the arms on my car are all still original - the plan this year is to go through everything.

· Registered
155 Posts
I just took out a set of front LCAs with Whiteline poly bushings already installed. They're in great shape, only switched to put in T3 adjustable control arms. They're made by Moog, have about 5k miles on them, and I'll ship them if you want. Installing the bushings isn't that bad, you can probably get the tools for less than a shop would charge. Or you can DM me and save some time and money :)
Any chance I can purchase those from you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts