MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,924 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
As much as I hate the factory cluster, 135$ seems like a reasonable price and It's basically an Acura cluster which I've always been a fan of so that's nice

I rebuilt the cluster in my mk2 and as OldMan said, getting the needles to sit correctly can be a bit if a task

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I like this as well. I emailed LPX regarding MT cars. If you look at the middle gauge face on the website for this item, there's a '1’ in the window which I assume means 1st gear of the SMT. I want to know if there's a different gauge face for the MT cars.

I'll post when I find out.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
That's a great alternative to factory but nowhere near as classy as the LP cluster

Idk what Toyota was thinking with the stock one, the white/silver back with orange numbering is nearly impossible to see when light hits them.. I drive home from work around sunset and if the light is right the gauges turn a solid color :huh: what was so wrong with the standard black?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
That's a great alternative to factory but nowhere near as classy as the LP cluster

Idk what Toyota was thinking with the stock one, the white/silver back with orange numbering is nearly impossible to see when light hits them.. I drive home from work around sunset and if the light is right the gauges turn a solid color :huh: what was so wrong with the standard black?
Light faced gauges are considered sporty.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I like this as well. I emailed LPX regarding MT cars. If you look at the middle gauge face on the website for this item, there's a '1’ in the window which I assume means 1st gear of the SMT. I want to know if there's a different gauge face for the MT cars.

I'll post when I find out.
Would be curious if you hear back. I inquired about the "grow guage" (think he meant glow gauge?) several months ago and never heard back.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Would be curious if you hear back. I inquired about the "grow guage" (think he meant glow gauge?) several months ago and never heard back.
I would like to get it, but only if it doesn't have the SMT gear position window. If it does, it won't look right as it'll just be a dark window on the right of the tach.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Hahah, did you even look at the website? You can completely customize the gauges. Font, notch style, background color, font color, illumination color, logos, and its all cut from stainless steel. I'd be surprised if LP's gauges were anything more than reverse el overlays. I do like the layout and design of the LP gauges, I just have to question the quality of the electronics.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hahah, did you even look at the website? You can completely customize the gauges. Font, notch style, background color, font color, illumination color, logos, and its all cut from stainless steel. I'd be surprised if LP's gauges were anything more than reverse el overlays. I do like the layout and design of the LP gauges, I just have to question the quality of the electronics.
Lol no I didn't but now I did, pretty neat and a great variety for the price!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'd be surprised if LP's gauges were anything more than reverse el overlays. I do like the layout and design of the LP gauges, I just have to question the quality of the electronics.
Your probably right. I'm sure its EL's. I sure wish someone here had already bought and installed so we can know if there worth it or not. :mellow:

·
Registered
339 Posts
http://www.metal-monkey.co.uk/acatalog/MR2_USA.html

I prefer the custom approach. If you don't see what you want on their website, email them. They can do pretty much anything you want.
I've had my gauges done with Metal Monkey. Excellent customer service and superb quality of the final product. They can pretty much customize the gauge layout to anything you desire.

I made mine into km/h instead of mph and the RPM to 9,000 as well as design changes. They sent it within a couple of weeks with instructions and gloves/accessories for installing them.

I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Mavin306,
Can you show us your gauges ? Is installations easier than the installing the LP gauges ? Can you show pictures of your setup ? Thanks.

I've had my gauges done with Metal Monkey. Excellent customer service and superb quality of the final product. They can pretty much customize the gauge layout to anything you desire.

I made mine into km/h instead of mph and the RPM to 9,000 as well as design changes. They sent it within a couple of weeks with instructions and gloves/accessories for installing them.

I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
339 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.