MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before you yell at me, i have seached for this and havent found what i was looking for,

I am the new owner of a 2000 Mr2 and other than the per-cat gutting, it is bone stock, from advice from various members I have decided to upgrade my intake and exhaust and do the "MAF" mod. I'm sorry to display me ignorance but I don't really know what MAF mod is other than Mass Air Flow, I dont know how to modify/replace it and what parts are required. I have been looking for a step by step post (like the one that taught me how to gut the precats) I am not a gearhead by any means but wouldnt mind tzking baby steps toward becoming one.

Thank You In advance

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
Before you yell at me, i have seached for this and havent found what i was looking for,

I am the new owner of a 2000 Mr2 and other than the per-cat gutting, it is bone stock, from advice from various members I have decided to upgrade my intake and exhaust and do the "MAF" mod. I'm sorry to display me ignorance but I don't really know what MAF mod is other than Mass Air Flow, I dont know how to modify/replace it and what parts are required. I have been looking for a step by step post (like the one that taught me how to gut the precats) I am not a gearhead by any means but wouldnt mind tzking baby steps toward becoming one.

Thank You In advance
I suggest you read Cap's thread before you purchase a CAI. I don't know of a step by step. But here is a suggestion:

Read Cap's thread
purchase yellow 310cc 2zz injectors, if used have them serviced.
make a spacer 1/4 in thick to fit between the MAF and the OEM air tube.
Remove vane from inside airbox.
Use premium fuel after mod. Don't use less PERIOD.
The mod is all or nothing.

If you purchase an aftermarket CAI all bets are off and you will be on your own to research and fix issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.