MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after i got my short shifter i didnt like how the shift boot was all big and it makes the short shifter look not so short, and after seeing P0tter/Wangerin shift boot i decided i wanted to shorten it up. It was actually pretty easy.

1) i first removed the whole center console plastic which only takes a minute if you remove the seats first.

2) then on the little silver ring on the end of the shift boot there is a small ring that holds it in place. all you have to do is loosen the ring which was pretty simple and slide the silver ring to the desired location and put the ring back on. It helps if you turn the shift boot inside out when doing this BTW.

3) then just reasemble it and your boot shouldnt be so long anymore.

Before:

After:

Its not a hard thing to do and IMHO i like how it came out.

·
Registered
7,645 Posts
This is one of those 5 minute jobs that make a world of difference in the looks of the interior. These instructions should be included with the instructions on installing a short shifter.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nocoolname @ May 3 2008, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This is one of those 5 minute jobs that make a world of difference in the looks of the interior. These instructions should be included with the instructions on installing a short shifter.[/b]
I agree

I just got finished, looks much nicer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts