MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I´m looking for an exhaust for my MR2 Spyder. Currently it´s mostly stock, other than gutted pre-cats. Does anyone have experience with the Malian exhausts? Is there any difference in the noise level of the single exit and the double exit exhaust? I don´t want a really noisy exhaust. How is the Malian exhausts on idle, under light loads and hard acceleration?

·
Registered
485 Posts
The Malian Race and TTE are 2 differents exhaust :
  • "TTE" is similar to a real TTE/REMUS. German noise, not agressive to ears
  • "Race" like it's nammed is for track with noise restriction
On warm idle, the "TTE" is very quiet, I could barelly hear the engine. On city at stabilised rpm, you can pass without anyone notice your car. The "Race" is exactly like motorbike engine with aftermarket "legal" exhaust > you hear the engine at idle. It feel like having an more powerfull engine. On full throttle, le "Race" is loud. Peoples can hear my MR-S from away (in meters terms). But it's not as loud as a full decat exhaust that can be heard from a mile in some case.

For quiet exhaust, I recommend you to go for the "TTE" currently "out of stock" probably because Russia/Ukraine war.

Here my Malian "Race" exhaust (4-1 PPE header and Sport Cat) : http://instagr.am/p/CaVDxZ4D_-L/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much! Seems like the Malian Race is a bit too loud for my taste. My only concern is that the TTE is a bit too quiet. Is it noticeable louder than the stock muffler? Quiet on idle and cruising is perfect, but I want to be able the hear the exhaust on acceleration.

·
Registered
2001 Toyota MR-S
12 Posts
The Malian Race and TTE are 2 differents exhaust :
  • "TTE" is similar to a real TTE/REMUS. German noise, not agressive to ears
  • "Race" like it's nammed is for track with noise restriction
On warm idle, the "TTE" is very quiet, I could barelly hear the engine. On city at stabilised rpm, you can pass without anyone notice your car. The "Race" is exactly like motorbike engine with aftermarket "legal" exhaust > you hear the engine at idle. It feel like having an more powerfull engine. On full throttle, le "Race" is loud. Peoples can hear my MR-S from away (in meters terms). But it's not as loud as a full decat exhaust that can be heard from a mile in some case.

For quiet exhaust, I recommend you to go for the "TTE" currently "out of stock" probably because Russia/Ukraine war.

Here my Malian "Race" exhaust (4-1 PPE header and Sport Cat) : http://instagr.am/p/CaVDxZ4D_-L/
Damn this car sounds great and looks awesome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts