MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello SpyderChat,

My project "PEEP 2.0" is finished. I was considering keeping parts so that I could actually put my 01 back to factory spec, but do not see the need, as the 2zz swap I performed is so close to OEM, in my lifetime, it should command a higher price.

I have a completely torn down 1zz with 59k miles. It was burning oil at 1qt/300 miles. The bores are fine and cast iron.

Should I sell as parts, or assemble with new pistons, rings, and bearings and sell as a short block? Go further and sell as long-block?

Also have original transmission in perfect order (only 59K miles). Rebuild or sell as is? Do not see value in rebuiding unless someone wants LSD. I rebuilt my C-60 bolt-to-bolt and added LSD for 2zz engine.

Full OEM 1zz exhuast system, including all heat shields, but would suspect the CAT's as oil consumption was high (still no smell or smoke when engine pulled). Front cats on header disintegrating and TRASH unless hollowed out wanted, but rear cat.....maybe okay?

Other misc parts, but can list them directly.

Only interested in recommendations on how to sell the big items.

Thank you,
Mr .P

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello SpyderChat,

My project "PEEP 2.0" is finished. I was considering keeping parts so that I could actually put my 01 back to factory spec, but do not see the need, as the 2zz swap I performed is so close to OEM, in my lifetime, it should command a higher price.

I have a completely torn down 1zz with 59k miles. It was burning oil at 1qt/300 miles. The bores are fine and cast iron.

Should I sell as parts, or assemble with new pistons, rings, and bearings and sell as a short block? Go further and sell as long-block?

Also have original transmission in perfect order (only 59K miles). Rebuild or sell as is? Do not see value in rebuiding unless someone wants LSD. I rebuilt my C-60 bolt-to-bolt and added LSD for 2zz engine.

Full OEM 1zz exhuast system, including all heat shields, but would suspect the CAT's as oil consumption was high (still no smell or smoke when engine pulled). Front cats on header disintegrating and TRASH unless hollowed out wanted, but rear cat.....maybe okay?

Other misc parts, but can list them directly.

Only interested in recommendations on how to sell the big items.

Thank you,
Mr .P
OOPS...given market pricing, may have made a mistake by selling my transmission that had VIN# on it!

Price going up on ALL MR2/S vehicles. I swapped to 2zz, but could have gone back numbers matching.

Mr. P

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have never seen anyone give a damn about numbers matching on a Spyder tbh. Youre talking about components shared with a Toyota Corolla, nothing special there. Every car goes up in value at some point if you stick it in a climate controlled garage and wait until it is near the last one remaining. Investing that same amount of money elsewhere would give astronomically higher returns over a un/barely used car. Use it, modify it, & enjoy it...unless you severely overpaid from the start that will give you the best return when all is said and done

Reactions: 2mAn and gbravi
1 - 3 of 3 Posts