MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got it back from the body shop, so I had to post the first round of iPhone pics. They don't do the paint justice, so I will see if my wife will let me borrow her fancy camera this weekend and post up:)

Here is a decent shot where you can see the paint.

L Creation body kit, mrSonly headlight covers and side vents.

HIDs in 03+ lights with black casings.

LPX spoiler. We modified the lip to incase the Topspeed (Che) Lotus-style exhaust. LET'S GO HEAT!!! :)

Haha... this is me on the way home when my Deka battery took a dump and I had to push it to the shoulder... get low...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Finally shot some daytime photos... More to follow...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
saving spot again

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Wow, that is gorgeous. Can not wait to see some hi-pics. Good job!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great!!! Do you still have the Red Spyder or did it sell?
Still have it. She still looks good. I will be listing in the next week--Here first, in hopes it goes to someone who deserves her... then I will list it locally--that will probably work well since we do have a considerable gay/lesbian community in South Florida (I meant no offense by this--I love gay people, especially the women...).

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is that matte vinyl wrapped or actually painted matte?
It is a three-stage paint job. You shoot pearl white, then you hit it with the matte clear, then you do a layer of normal clear coat. We did it right, disassembled the car and painted door jams and sprayed all panels off the car.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
It looks good. Look forward to seeing it later this month... *hint hint*

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Oh yeah that looks good. Hope to see it in two weeks.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Honestly,that is how I have always envisioned my spyder. .

Congrats Matt. Excellent job. I can say that it is one of the few best looking Spyders ever!

Enjoy it.
Rasheed

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honestly,that is how I have always envisioned my spyder. .

Congrats Matt. Excellent job. I can say that it is one of the few best looking Spyders ever!

Enjoy it.
Rasheed
Thank you sir:) You still have the fastest color!

·
Registered
26,913 Posts
I'd do something about the light leaking out around the "eyebrows", like remove the eyebrows, fill in the cracks on the inside, and reinstall. I'd also paint the wheels - not sure what color - maybe a dark ultramarine blue - so they don't have that "gaping hole" look. (The first car I saw with the gaping hole look was an Exige with matte black wheels and I did not think it was an improvement. Whenever I see a Spyder or any other car with that look I think the same thing. I don't hate it, I just don't like it.) Imagine the same dark ultramarine blue carpet and seats inside.

I definitely like the paint job, C One side vent covers, side skirts, spoiler, and HT. It is a very classy, clean look.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
So this is what you have been up to?

The car looks spectacular!

What's the plans for wheels?

Id post more how awesome this is but the flu is kicking my ass for the past week...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So this is what you have been up to?

The car looks spectacular!

What's the plans for wheels?

Id post more how awesome this is but the flu is kicking my ass for the past week...
Get well Matt! Go with my cold/flu cureall: equal 1/3rds of honey, lemon juice and tequila. Even if it doesn't cure you, it will make you not care that you are sick:)

Thanks for the kind words. I understand that some people don't like flat black wheels, and they are hard to photograph (they will look better with higher res photos, these are camera phone pics)--I happen to really like them... but I am going to paint the entire lip of the rims in 3PO red to create a little more contrast.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts