MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a set on my 'o7 Yaris hatch and my '94 del Sol. Gonna junk the tein springs w/stock shocks and keep a update from install until whenever with the Megans. I have had them on two of my cars previously and loved them.:mellow:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I absolutely loved them on the two previous vehicles, hopefully it's the same with the Spyder! Haha!:eek::eek:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have them on mine for about 4500 miles now. Not to bad.

Be careful torquing the nuts, when I installed them the 30ftlbs of torque the manual specifies stripped them. When I called them about it customer service informed me I shouldn't use a torque wrench to install them. I'll let that speak for itself in regards to customer service.

I'm happy with their coil-overs for what I paid for them.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I have them on my car and I'll give some input.

Are they amazing, no not really. Will they do for some fun driving around a canyon sure. Will they perform well on track under heavy load all day long not likely. Will they work in autox, sure but the springs will need to be much stiffer.

The good thing about them is you can "tune" the stiffness up and down to suit your taste. I have mine on full soft to drive around town. The feedback and turn in when in this state is slow and you don't have as much grip laterally. At full soft feels like stock but with slightly better grip. When turning it up I go in a 5click front to 3 click rear ratio. Did that on on my mk2 when I had tokicos and it felt great. This is up to your own choice however, I noticed this ratio to work best across the board.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scratch this, apparently Megans are on backorder everywhere, there's none in the country, so I spent a little more and went with BC BR coilovers. From what I've read they should be fine for blasting down some fun country roads.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Scratch this, apparently Megans are on backorder everywhere, there's none in the country, so I spent a little more and went with BC BR coilovers. From what I've read they should be fine for blasting down some fun country roads.
i picked mine up 2 weeks ago. and was told by the dealer that i got the last set =P sorry ^_^

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha, just my luck! Oh well, got a good deal on the BC coilovers, no worries!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts