MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just want to see if anyone would be interested on doing a midnight run to The Spot at the Azusa canyons. On a good moonlit night there is anywhere from 8-15 cars there doing runs up and down the mountain, you'll see every make and model there but most noticeably our arch nemesis the S2K's and Miatas, surprisingly enough I have yet to spot a Spyder up there so it would be nice to let them know what our underrated MR's can do. We would be meeting at the Shell station right off the 210 exit on Azusa Ave and go from there, sure theres the back way (shortcut) in through Glendora canyon rd. but wheres the fun in that?

By the way for those that dont know Azusa is in SoCal

Midnight run: A leisurely drive at midnight usually with a couple of friends to a certain destination. Midnight run may also be misinterpreted as destruction of national forest, driving on opposite lanes, reckless driving etc.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Just want to see if anyone would be interested on doing a midnight run to The Spot at the Azusa canyons. On a good moonlit night there is anywhere from 8-15 cars there doing runs up and down the mountain, you'll see every make and model there but most noticeably our arch nemesis the S2K's and Miatas, surprisingly enough I have yet to spot a Spyder up there so it would be nice to let them know what our underrated MR's can do. We would be meeting at the Shell station right off the 210 exit on Azusa Ave and go from there, sure theres the back way (shortcut) in through Glendora canyon rd. but wheres the fun in that?

By the way for those that dont know Azusa is in SoCal
Yeah, these are the type of people who drive out there? Even if I lived in Cali, no thanks. I wouldn't want some piece of sheet aCcOrD hitting my car.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These canyons defenitely arent for the faint of heart, they separate the men from the boys and yes you will see some dumbass hitting a wall or understeering into a ditch; not all the time but people do catch things on camera and others assume it happens more often than not. Again, this post if for people that WANT to go, I dont need anyones opinion.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
These canyons defenitely arent for the faint of heart, they separate the men from the boys and yes you will see some dumbass hitting a wall or understeering into a ditch; not all the time but people do catch things on camera and others assume it happens more often than not. Again, this post if for people that WANT to go, I dont need anyones opinion.
Well good thing I'm neither a man nor a boy....... You posted on a public forum, opinions are a hazard of posting.-_-

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well then come down girl, all females welcome; no need to mess up your car when you can ride with me ;)

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Anyone else laugh when they read this?
me!

i aint gonna bring my car up there and get it messed up just to be a "good canyon racer", honestly, what do you gain from being a good canyon racer? nothing IMO. u dont get sponsorships or any good stuff, u get a wrecked car, a record on your file. and maybe even a life being taken away. how would i know? my friend passed away in another canyon and another one got into a serious accident hitting a tree in one canyon... so i am obviously against canyon racers. its stupid.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
me!

i aint gonna bring my car up there and get it messed up just to be a "good canyon racer", honestly, what do you gain from being a good canyon racer? nothing IMO. u dont get sponsorships or any good stuff, u get a wrecked car, a record on your file. and maybe even a life being taken away. how would i know? my friend passed away in another canyon and another one got into a serious accident hitting a tree in one canyon... so i am obviously against canyon racers. its stupid.
Exactly what I was thinking.....^_^

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
Post Deleted lest GTs*Jason, our newly appointed administrator and self-styled censor, disagrees with something I said and decides to edit (alter) it or, delete it entirely.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
yo, u needa git u wanna dem evos bruh...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
There is a funny link in the comments below the video that goes to an article showing that the GTR driver and his sister are currently in jail for insurance fraud... after doing $76k in damage they made up to badly constructed stories about what happened.

Skills < Bills

·
Registered
68 Posts
I certainly understand getting your kicks, but there can be a price to pay for pushing it too far, as a Spyder driver found out in this very same canyon. Be safe.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heres a motorsport for those that are affraid to drive their mrs the way its meant to be driven, enjoy.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Oh no............. not this again.

FYI, I've driven Azusa many times. Fun, but not at night. NEVER at night. Done it before and I must say, it's good for cruising at night, but if you will drive above 7/10ths, then you're really asking for trouble.

You must be in your teens or under 25. Everyone from that area goes through that 'racecarz' phase :lol:

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Several years ago we had a spyder owner die in that canyon when he wrecked his car.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Heres a motorsport for those that are affraid to drive their mrs the way its meant to be driven, enjoy.
Cute, FYI rAcInG down a canyon À La Nfs carbon and f&f 3 is NOT a Motorsport. Don't insult the drivers here that compete on the track. Just because we don't race on the street, doesn't make us poor drivers. It makes us better, and more responsible. Btw I don't ride, I drive. You wouldn't last 5 seconds with me on the track before needing your panties changed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Look people i was not thinking of going all Drift King up in the canyon, its just an excuse to meet up with other cool spyder owners in a kick back setting with other random down to earth people, sure i get a little hyped every once in a while and take a few turns at a fast pace; who doesnt? But most of the time its just a bunch of car enthusiast chillin at The Spot, its just that someones been watching too many Initial D cartoons and must have confused me with Tak or something.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cute, FYI rAcInG down a canyon À La Nfs carbon and f&f 3 is NOT a Motorsport. Don't insult the drivers here that compete on the track. Just because we don't race on the street, doesn't make us poor drivers. It makes us better, and more responsible. Btw I don't ride, I drive. You wouldn't last 5 seconds with me on the track before needing your panties changed.
Damned if i do, damned if i dont.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts