MR2 SpyderChat banner

601 - 620 of 648 Posts

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
I should have separated my thoughts a little more, but the technology and blindly trusting internet land is something that has no age boundary in my opinion. The newer generation is mostly "I'm not going to work to find the answer, just tell me what it is" which leads to redundant questions, or the same questions every week. The spyderchat FB group is full of that. As for the older generation, I have a lot of respect for most of them, until they show their closed mindedness or unwillingly to learn stuff. There's an old car guy that lives near my farm and gave me the car bug when I was young. He's a carburetor, muscle car guy. I learned a lot of old tricks and tips from him and still visit with him every week or so to either sit in the garage and talk or lend him a hand on stuff. He's one of the few open minded guys in that stuff. Sometimes I get the opportunity to teach him stuff, sometimes he still teaches me stuff.
I seen the post you made late last year the other day and it was hilarious.

Having said that this new video is too funny.

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
I don't get it. Did something happen to Mitch on here?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
There is just too much to detail. If you go a page back someone posted a video on Youtube with a brief synopsis of some of the things he did elsewhere.

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
I'll see you and raise you
And I thought Spinal Tap was funny. Im willing to bet he asked that guy to take down this video.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
And I thought Spinal Tap was funny. Im willing to bet he asked that guy to take down this video.
The video is still up, so who knows. I have never watched his channel till all this came out.
Wow....the lies he spewed out on some of his videos are crazy. He really did believe what he was saying.

That "authentic" TRD package is nothing more than replica C-One front, and replica TRD sides and rear. I should know..I sold the real deal for years.
I got a chance to check out his site before he took it down....mind blowing what he was charging for "authentic rare" ebay bought and resold items.

Everything was china made Ebay products he was reselling for a huge profit.

Glad I didn't sell him one of my listed items he tried to lowball me on, likely to flip it for a profit.

Oh well...one less scammer to go around. Karma will catch up to him.

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
The video is still up, so who knows. I have never watched his channel till all this came out.
Wow....the lies he spewed out on some of his videos are crazy. He really did believe what he was saying.

That "authentic" TRD package is nothing more than replica C-One front, and replica TRD sides and rear. I should know..I sold the real deal for years.
I got a chance to check out his site before he took it down....mind blowing what he was charging for "authentic rare" ebay bought and resold items.

Everything was china made Ebay products he was reselling for a huge profit.

Glad I didn't sell him one of my listed items he tried to lowball me on, likely to flip it for a profit.

Oh well...one less scammer to go around. Karma will catch up to him.

He tried to low ball you. LOL
It speaks volumes about his character.

Its perfectly ok to ask for a best price but what I find to be rude is when someone low balls me and tries to negotiate a back and forth deal trying to be slick by giving me advice on what would be best for me. I generally discourage the sale politely and want out of selling to such people because they are toxic and will make unfounded complaints.

Overall I think Mitch is more of a hedonist with no brakes and what is most troubling is not Mitch, its the people that couldn't see it for what it was which is amateur hour. I seen an interesting meme picture of him filling up at a gas station that read "Your haters are your biggest fans" .

·
Registered
544 Posts
I bought my ECU from him. I did have some issues with the purchase though. Lack of communication mainly. I was starting to think he skipped out with my money. I told him close to my buyers protection end date I wanted at least an answer or I'm going to file a complaint. He replied immediately and said sorry I was on vacation. He was clearly posting and online at all times、but couldn't even reply before until I said that. Luckily the ECU was good and haven't had any issues so far. (Knock on wood)

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
I seen the post you made late last year the other day and it was hilarious.

Having said that this new video is too funny.

Which post? And I agree, great video.

Like you said in your other post, his followers is what bothered me as well. It's like looking in on a cult from the outside in some respects. You can see it for what it is, but for the followers, they're drinking the kool-aid. Then as they gain traction, they peddle trinkets or "build their brand" to make money from their followers. The bad part is I see more of these 'internet famous' people start a car build as a status symbol instead of a passion. They're whoring themselves out and building a car for everyone else thinking it will make them more 'internet famous' instead of doing their own research, making their own decisions, building a car that is for them. Then if you ever get the chance to see the car in person, you see some shoddy, ill fitting body panels, bad paint, hacked engine bays and such that they never show on instagram or youtube. You can plainly tell there was little to no heart or passion that went into it and it's disheartening to true enthusiasts.

·
Registered
544 Posts

Like you said in your other post, his followers is what bothered me as well. It's like looking in on a cult from the outside in some respects. You can see it for what it is, but for the followers, they're drinking the kool-aid. Then as they gain traction, they peddle trinkets or "build their brand" to make money from their followers. The bad part is I see more of these 'internet famous' people start a car build as a status symbol instead of a passion. They're whoring themselves out and building a car for everyone else thinking it will make them more 'internet famous' instead of doing their own research, making their own decisions, building a car that is for them. Then if you ever get the chance to see the car in person, you see some shoddy, ill fitting body panels, bad paint, hacked engine bays and such that they never show on instagram or youtube. You can plainly tell there was little to no heart or passion that went into it and it's disheartening to true enthusiasts.
Sorry if I'm reading this wrong、 but the dings and scars are a good thing? If so I have some amazingly unaligned panels. Dont forget about that gap under the headlights. One does and the other doesn't.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Sorry if I'm reading this wrong、 but the dings and scars are a good thing? If so I have some amazingly unaligned panels. Dont forget about that gap under the headlights. One does and the other doesn't.
Sorry, I meant it as they show off this great "show car" level build on the internet but then when you see it in real life it's not that way.

My cars have a scratch or two, a ding, scuffed front bumper, frunk gap on my spyders, but I drive my cars and thoroughly enjoy them. My most recent project spyder doesn't even have all the body panels yet and the one's it does have, there's some small dents, scrapes and such on. I'm not saying those things are necessarily bad, but if you misrepresent it, it is. There's a real difference you can tell when talking to someone with a passion and someone with a status symbol in person.

·
Registered
23,046 Posts

It was the post you made on the 20th. I don't want to get into it because it is an Exxon Valdez situation waiting to happen.

I agree with your sentiments and when things go wrong I get a PM for help only to have them back in the cult.
Many of my other hobbies are also filled with these personalities on Youtube particularly in photography where they review gear and then shill for it so they can make money though affiliate links.
When I call people out on their BS I end up being the bad guy, but eventually my first gut assumption that they are being deceptive has been correct and eventually show their true colors. Back in the day I gave this one guy hell for being deceptive and it seemed like I was being a nasty mean person but eventually what ended up happening is he literally stole members shoes and disappeared.

It takes far more courage these days to call someone out because you will have to endure being the bad guy. What is far worse is for good people to do nothing and not get involved when someone is getting cheated or clearly wronged, they will always be mediocre, uninteresting and insignificant in life. A person who you would keep as an acquaintance but never a real friend or confidant.

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
This is what makes you a real enthusiast and its simply being down to earth. You need to balance that fine line between being proud of your creation and at the same time have a little deprecating humility/humor of its condition.
I do make comments of how much my car is admired everywhere I go but just because it happens all the time passively doesn't mean I cant post or boast about it if it actually happens.

The problem comes when you self promote your car as being a show car, race car or a fake Ferrari that gets you chicks.

·
Registered
544 Posts
This is what makes you a real enthusiast and its simply being down to earth. You need to balance that fine line between being proud of your creation and at the same time have a little deprecating humility/humor of its condition.
I do make comments of how much my car is admired everywhere I go but just because it happens all the time passively doesn't mean I cant post or boast about it if it actually happens.

The problem comes when you self promote your car as being a show car, race car or a fake Ferrari that gets you chicks.
I see. When I first got the car I was very young. No licence、but in cow country that doesn't really matter. I got alot of girls attention since I was the only one in the county that was driving one. Granted after about 2 months people wanted to know what it was and I started to see them a bit more. About 4 in all the county. I never really was a show off kind of person. I mainly got into BMI. (Best motoring international) and strived to be like that. An excellent driver and did my best to learn about parts and how they work. In the process I made some friends and met some very toxic people. That's life I suppose. I kept to myself and just do me now. I meet other owners and sometimes its a blast to talk to and others you can tell it's just for the "high life" I suppose

·
Registered
23,046 Posts
I see. When I first got the car I was very young. No licence、but in cow country that doesn't really matter. I got alot of girls attention since I was the only one in the county that was driving one. Granted after about 2 months people wanted to know what it was and I started to see them a bit more. About 4 in all the county. I never really was a show off kind of person. I mainly got into BMI. (Best motoring international) and strived to be like that. An excellent driver and did my best to learn about parts and how they work. In the process I made some friends and met some very toxic people. That's life I suppose. I kept to myself and just do me now. I meet other owners and sometimes its a blast to talk to and others you can tell it's just for the "high life" I suppose
You can get a girls attention with a fancy pants car. I have seen it with friends but its all a confidence game between two people. The girl sees the guy as being self absorbed and wants to milk him for food, drink and status amongst her fiends. The guy usually brags to his friends about how he is going to use her and then throw her out but eventually he ends up being a cuck when she gets in someone elses car because she is three moves ahead.

If used the right way your car can be an ice breaker and a conversational piece to meet and share enthusiasm. The non enthusiast will carry a chip or an air of superiority on both sides of the spectrum of being an owner or admirer where as the enthusiast will love to answer questions because he or she truly likes that his car is genuinely admired.

·
Registered
544 Posts
You can get a girls attention with a fancy pants car. I have seen it with friends but its all a confidence game between two people. The girl sees the guy as being self absorbed and wants to milk him for food, drink and status amongst her fiends. The guy usually brags to his friends about how he is going to use her and then throw her out but eventually he ends up being a cuck when she gets in someone elses car because she is three moves ahead.

If used the right way your car can be an ice breaker and a conversational piece to meet and share enthusiasm. The non enthusiast will carry a chip or an air of superiority on both sides of the spectrum of being an owner or admirer where as the enthusiast will love to answer questions because he or she truly likes that his car is genuinely admired.
Thank god I never used my car to prostitute myself. Even with my previous girlfriend. I was always scared to take the spyder to college because in my mind. New drivers= dents and scratches. At the time the spyder had 23k miles so it was in excellent condition . I took an 03 stratus as a college car. Met a girl and it was nice. I never needed an ice breaker since I just dont really get nervous. My stratus got stolen and I was forced to drive he spyder. Then she changed. Started to want to go the mall. Wanted me to buy her expensive things. It was time to end things. The car can be good and bad at the same time. I dont come from money but she got the wrong impression. I dont buy girlfriends anything expensive. My fiance is the only one receiving anything expensive

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Thank god I never used my car to prostitute myself. Even with my previous girlfriend. I was always scared to take the spyder to college because in my mind. New drivers= dents and scratches. At the time the spyder had 23k miles so it was in excellent condition . I took an 03 stratus as a college car. Met a girl and it was nice. I never needed an ice breaker since I just dont really get nervous. My stratus got stolen and I was forced to drive he spyder. Then she changed. Started to want to go the mall. Wanted me to buy her expensive things. It was time to end things. The car can be good and bad at the same time. I dont come from money but she got the wrong impression. I dont buy girlfriends anything expensive. My fiance is the only one receiving anything expensive
I got my first spyder when I was 22, but girlfriends never really seen it as a status of money. Most either liked riding with the top down, or didn't like the top down because it would mess their hair up. My last girlfriend liked the spyder on nice days to go for a drive down back roads with the top down and liked my BRZ when it was colder due to heated seats.

Like Dev said, most girls that like you for your objects will often find someone with something shinier to attract their attention soon after.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Like Dev said, most girls that like you for your objects will often find someone with something shinier to attract their attention soon after.
Yes I have seen this many times. Here no one has every really seen a spyder. The porsche owners really break their necks looking at the spyder. Especially when debadged.

601 - 620 of 648 Posts