MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the Mk1 badges. I think it's cool to pay homage to the original MR2. JDM is so over done.

My son's 2002 3P0

My 2000 3P0

Who else is sporting the throw-back MR2 badge?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm wanting badly to replace the standard Toyota badge, but torn between what to use. I'd like to replace them all, including...

Front Badge
Wheel Cap Badges
Steering Wheel Badge
Rear "Toyota" Signature

(mainly in revolt to their engine choice...grin, and the owner's responsibility to fix...sigh)

My problem is which to choose.

Is it difficult to replace these items cleanly? Is there a difference in the mounting between the old badge and the JDMs?

Rick

PS: Currently just looking...not moving far from stock until the title is in hand (Dec).

·
Registered
209 Posts
My car is completely MK1 Badged: front hood, wheel caps, steering wheel (including words "Midship Runabout"), wind deflector, and recently, etched dev door sills.

I get a lot of compliments on the look, including the usual "is that a Limited/Special/Classic Edition?". Nope, it's MY edition. Oh, and I also have replacement badges for all mods for when they fade or get lost :)

Next I'll be branding the engine valve cover.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I find it only looks good on a red car and maybe on a white one. Wouldn't do it on any other color!

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I find it only looks good on a red car and maybe on a white one. Wouldn't do it on any other color!
Well, you are wrong. I've these badges on a lot of Mk1 and they look great. This thread was started for those that are using the Mk1 chicken, not an invitation to critique the look. Move along now.

·
Registered
544 Posts
They do look good on a White Spyder. I did the wheel caps and steering wheel, too.

I don't have anything on the back except the MR2 and Spyder emblems. However, I did modify a set of Mk! mud flaps to fit my '02.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Still sporting the yellow triangle with exclamation point on mine, after seeing the mk1 on a white one though, may change soon. No telling, it's kinda grown on me. Now if I could find one with a gear and exclamation point I would definitely go with that.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well, you are wrong. I've these badges on a lot of Mk1 and they look great. This thread was started for those that are using the Mk1 chicken, not an invitation to critique the look. Move along now.
Fair enough, I was making a comment for the MK3. Love it on the MK1 in any color but it looks out of place on the MK3 in certain colors IMO. Overall I really like the badge! Am open for people trying to change my mind by posting pics of their MK3's in different colors with the badge.

·
Registered
103 Posts
They do look good on a White Spyder. I did the wheel caps and steering wheel, too.

I don't have anything on the back except the MR2 and Spyder emblems. However, I did modify a set of Mk! mud flaps to fit my '02.
Really nice....where did you source all of these (can find the front badge (new and used), but haven't found the wheel cap and steering wheel cap....

Thanks, nice photos....

Rick

·
Registered
209 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yep on my MK1

·
Registered
14 Posts
Now there's a Dilemma!...

I kept the Eagle from my Metallic Beige 1985 MK1, 'Ernie'... "God rest his soul" That and the licence plate are only things I have left of that poor old b*****d!

I was holding out until I had fitted my new bumper to my 2001 as IMHO, the MK1 badge wipes the floor with anything else... plus the Spyder bumper has that nice recess but seeing mounted to the bonnet/hood (bearing in mind thats where it sits on the AW11) has left me in 2 minds!

How has everyone mounted theirs? My badge still has the mounting plugs I was looking to sink holes and then secure the badge from the rear of the surface its mounted on, thought that may cause more of an issue for any idiot with a screwdriver who takes a shine to it.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I removed the mounting pegs and just used 3M two sided tape. My aftermarket bumper didn't have holes to cover so I placed the badge higher on the frunk lid. On my son's car we just covered the existing holes. If you search ebay every now and then you'll find the Mk1 badges.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.