MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MOCAL Model No. SP1T Oil Cooler Sandwich Plate with 3/4" -16 thread. The oil cooler sandwich plate was removed from a 2zz pulled from a 2005 Lotus Elise with <12,000 miles. It is designed to be installed between the engine block and the screw on oil filter and has two female ports for feed and return of oil flow which allows engine oil to be circulated for remote oil cooler installations. I have confirmed with the folks on LotusTalk that this unit has a built-in thermostat that opens at 190 degrees. Does NOT come with oil cooler set up.

Asking $80 (obo) shipped.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This part was removed from a 2zz engine out of a 2005 Lotus Elise with under 12,000 miles.

I have confirmed with the folks on LotusTalk that this unit is the SPT1 model with built-in thermostat that opens at 190 degrees.

Rich

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Who ever buys this, if you need a cooler I have one available that may fit.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Don't mean to rain on someone's parade here, but Mocal doesn't show an SPT1 sandwich plate in their online catalog, and their SP1T doesn't look anything like those pictures. A very interesting-looking thermo sandwich plate that I'd be very interested to find out the correct information on.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Don't mean to rain on someone's parade here, but Mocal doesn't show an SPT1 sandwich plate in their online catalog, and their SP1T doesn't look anything like those pictures. A very interesting-looking thermo sandwich plate that I'd be very interested to find out the correct information on.
I did some more searching on LotusTalk and found pictures of that sandwich plate that pretty much confirms it as being from a Lotus 2ZZ setup, but I'll be damn'd if I can find anything about it from Mocal. Possibly a special application that they did just for Lotus.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts