MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
how was the wind drag on the setup at a cruising speed of 60-70mph? Reasonable or did it get pretty noisy? Good to see a Spyder out on a road trip like this. I like the mod & those are some sweet pics... Very cool
Going down I-81 at 70-75 mph I didnt notice any increase in wind noise (but we had the top up). Cruising at 55-60 with the top down there was no flapping of the bag in the wind and due to it being a very windy day I didnt notice any increase in drag, although there prob is some.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Today with the top down, 75mph, no appreciable increase in noise. 32 mpg for 300 miles, top down at 70 - 75 mph. So it appears not to have added to the drag significantly.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We got home today. We went about 900+ miles and got about 32-33 mpg for the trip at speeds of 70-75 mph. The Luggage rack didnt move a bit and I heard no flapping from it the whole trip so I am pleased with the outcome.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Nice...and Autozone still list the rack.

Short of custom carriers, or whatever they are named, with a really nicely attached one for around $300, this is the nicest option, and the outcome dependent upon how much is put into the mod.

Have owned the 2 (5th MR2, 1st spyder) for two months, and head to Bonnaroo in three months, needing storage space for tent, ez-up, chairs, etc. (Last two years, did it in a Mk2 (93) and it all fit into the two trunks, tightly, but it fit...;))

This looks like the ticket....

Thanks,

Rick
'02, stock currently...white/tan/black
Haven't figured out how to put the pic up yet...;(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Very good info. I was wondering how people dealt with the lack of space.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
OP: you need a topstrap though.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts