MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried installed my first mod of the season. Of course it didn't go as smoothly as planned.

I bought this shift knob
http://www.amazon.com/MOMO-Combat-Blue-Shift-Knob/dp/B000KEATM0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1331531468&sr=8-2

It goes on with a little cup adapter, and then little screws set the knob in place.

I pushed in the little cup too far and now it's jammed all the way inside the shift knob. I have no idea how to go about getting it out. I've tried a flat screwdriver, but the thickness is just too much to force it out.

and I did not pay 120 dollars for it, before I get any comments about that outrageous price

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
That type of knob never works right...even if you manage to install it. The only thing holding it secure is the tension in the plastic cup due to the screws. Over time though, a relatively short time, the plastic stretches and no longer holds tight leaving you with a knob that spins or just pulls right off. You can continue tightening the screws to make it last a little longer, but it's a lost cause. The only kind I'll ever use now are drilled and tapped to screw right on to the shifter stalk, like the TRD.

That doesn't really solve your immediate problem, which I don't know is even solve-able, but I wouldn't even bother with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This might not be relevant anymore here. But I guess for future people that have problems with Momos sketchy shift knob assembly I've made this Adapter that should work on a lot of Momo shift knobs. It has a Toyota Screw on the other Side and presses into the knob, as a sleeve.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This might not be relevant anymore here. But I guess for future people that have problems with Momos sketchy shift knob assembly I've made this Adapter that should work on a lot of Momo shift knobs. It has a Toyota Screw on the other Side and presses into the knob, as a sleeve.

Is your adapter available for sale?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is your adapter available for sale?
I can print them and sell them, no problem.
I'm not out for making money off these, so 5€ + shipping for time and material is enough.
If more people not owning a 3D printer are interested in these adapters just send me a message with the details.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts