MR2 SpyderChat banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ordered a short block from them and it came UPS. UPS destroyed the engine!
MWR took care of the whole thing and I had a new short block a week later.
Great guys!!!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I bought from them on several occasions and they've always come through. If it weren't for them, those of us with 1zz/2zz cars would be SOL. I've sent them some money indirectly in the recent past and will be sending them more in the near future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
thanks guys for the feedback. i posted this about a little over a year ago when i knew nothing about the spyder or the community here on spyderchat. unfortunately i am still a broke college student, but i have gained some knowledge about our wonderful car. i don't really post all that much, but i am always reading.

·
Registered
224 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeywrench @ Dec 19 2006, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Originally posted by WTS
You need to know exactly why you want what you want.

They are a small shop and cannot spend much time holding hands to answer newbish questions.
We do try.

I spend a lot of time on the forums trying to get the info out. If anyone ever has specific questions we're happy to help by email, phone, PM...
[/b]
Just curious.....
Why "Monkey" for a race company?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Perhaps they use a lot of these in their work (although I imagine not
)

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Yeah, in a way
Notice the monkey in the logo is actually holding a Monkey Wrench, too

·
Registered
699 Posts
Thanks again for the kind words guys.

In the past few months we've added some new people to the staff to help make it easier to get through to us on the phone every time and to increase our customer service capabilities. That, along with our newly renovated showroom and upcoming new website have things running smoother than ever here.

About the name... I just like monkeys. It's a good name that people tend to remember and that's what we were looking for when we started up 8 years ago.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Ordered all my engine parts from Matt... over $3.5K worth.. FAST filling of orders and great service. They sent me the wrong valve springs and retainers, but gracefully and quickly exchanged it and covered the additional shipping cost.

I broke one of my piston rings during installation, and had to order another set from MWR... As I was in a rush to put the engine back together, I communicated that to them, and they were able to get the new set of rings out to me in 1 week... Pretty bloody good considering I am all the way down here in Australia!

So overall, very happy customer, great quality products, friendly and fast service!

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
I have had some communications with them regarding a 6 spd tranny swap, and each time they have been courteous and timely in responding. They are a 6 hour drive for me, but my plans are to drive up, spend the night and let them do my swap when the time comes if the timing works out for them.

·
Registered
10,262 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeywrench @ Jul 10 2007, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks again for the kind words guys.

In the past few months we've added some new people to the staff to help make it easier to get through to us on the phone every time and to increase our customer service capabilities. That, along with our newly renovated showroom and upcoming new website have things running smoother than ever here.

About the name... I just like monkeys. It's a good name that people tend to remember and that's what we were looking for when we started up 8 years ago.[/b]
Oh, I see how it is.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We are new to the Toyota Mr2 community, but not racing and performance with sport compacts. My youngest son Adam purchased a 2001 spyder a couple years ago. We contacted the guys at MRW to discuss their experiance with the 1zz platform about a year ago. It is always nice to benefit from others experiance which saves us money and doing things the hard way. We purchased quite a few parts from MWR and it was a great experiance. Their parts are professionally packaged and even come with custom MWR instructions.

The Mr2 was tuned to 225whp and 197torque with 9 psi - enough to have some fun and take to the track. It has been about 2-3 months now and we are ready to have some additional fun. So we will be contacting MWR again for rods and pistons to turn up the boost. I'm sure the quaife diff and axles will not be too far behind. It's nice to find a professional shop like MWR to work with.

Here is a website with the Mr2 www.cardomain.com/id/adamoaksracing

Here is a website with our prelude now at 800whp - www.cardomain.com/id/oaksracing

We look forward to learning from others on spyderchat - this is a great website. It is hard telling how far we will end up taking this MR2 - One race car in the family is enough for me, but with 2 sons ages 23 and 21 you can imagine.

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,144 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oaksracing @ Aug 7 2007, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We are new to the Toyota Mr2 community, but not racing and performance with sport compacts. My youngest son Adam purchased a 2001 spyder a couple years ago. We contacted the guys at MRW to discuss their experiance with the 1zz platform about a year ago. It is always nice to benefit from others experiance which saves us money and doing things the hard way. We purchased quite a few parts from MWR and it was a great experiance. Their parts are professionally packaged and even come with custom MWR instructions.

The Mr2 was tuned to 225whp and 197torque with 9 psi - enough to have some fun and take to the track. It has been about 2-3 months now and we are ready to have some additional fun. So we will be contacting MWR again for rods and pistons to turn up the boost. I'm sure the quaife diff and axles will not be too far behind. It's nice to find a professional shop like MWR to work with.

Here is a website with our prelude now at 800whp - www.cardomain.com/id/oaksracing

We look forward to learning from others on spyderchat - this is a great website. It is hard telling how far we will end up taking this MR2 - One race car in the family is enough for me, but with 2 sons ages 23 and 21 you can imagine.[/b]
So did you win against that WRX? Good pics. Especially the last one my favorite!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ive spent about 4k there in the past year. Got my 2zz/c60/various little bits from them. Had nothing but good experiences with them. I was given the incorrect celica gts ecu by mistake, when i realized it a good 7 or 8 months later matt swapped them for me giving me the correct one no questions asked. Great guys.

-alan

·
Registered
66 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oaksracing @ Aug 6 2007, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

We look forward to learning from others on spyderchat - this is a great website. It is hard telling how far we will end up taking this MR2 - One race car in the family is enough for me, but with 2 sons ages 23 and 21 you can imagine.[/b]
Triz the Mr2 did beat the WRX with a 14.0 - We should break into the 12's hopefully by years end.

·
Registered
132 Posts
350 miles on our MWR 8.8:1 shortblock and it sounds and is running great so far.
Will do a oil change and dyno tuning next week, after that it's time to turn up the boost.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts