MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
I just want to be clear, this is a joke right?

·
Registered
17,055 Posts
I added my review.

"Great addition to a convertible only sportscar, July 4, 2012
By AgSpyder

This review is from: 2000-2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder Moonroof Sunroof Roof Visor Wind Deflector
At first I was hesitant to use this product as my MR2 Spyder is my baby. But then I thought how nice it would be to have a moonroof for those days when I don't feel like dropping the convertible top that is standard on all 2000 thru 2005 MR2 Spyder convertibles. I positioned the moonroof on the convertible roof and marked outside location of the moonroof. I had to cut through the convertible roof on the inside of the marks. I had to Dremel reliefs into the roof rails but I don't think it will impact the operation of the top. After that installation was a matter of dropping the moonroof into the opening, attaching the trim and the wind deflector. I gussied up the interior with Gorilla Tape in matching color so the rough cut edges don't show. Now instead of spending what, 30 - 40 seconds dropping the top I just pop open the moonroof. It's quicker to close the moonroof during those chance rain storms. If I tire of the moonroof it's only about $3000 US to replace the convertible top."

You think that they will catch on? Not likely.

·
Registered
17,055 Posts
T-bone, looks like my review is the only one there. Maybe they are catching on. Everyone should go and like my review and see how many supportive comments we can get.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Ok, I joined in on the fun. Does anyone actually read these before they get posted?

fantastic product has other uses too!! July 5, 2012

By xbiker
5 stars!! I am using three of these products on my MR2 Spyder. Not only have I modified my convertible top to have this very practical moon roof, I have added one to each of my side windows. Now I have the look of an exotic sports car because I don't have to roll down my widows, I open the window "port" when I need to open the window. I get all the stares when I when I go to the drive thru window. Just the other day I was leaving the bus station and the the guys were very envious of my exotic side window. Make sure that you use a lot of tape to hold these on because if you don't you might have a leak from the automatic car wash. Ask me how I know!! LOL!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
The "bustation" comment was a gem

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
By nelix
This review is from: 2000-2005 Toyota MR2 Spyder Moonroof Sunroof Roof Visor Wind Deflector
What can i say? Not only a superb idea, design and product but it was also supplied painted in the tartan of my choice. Now i am the envy of all my friends!

Look out for future products by this innovative supplier, amongst those coming soon are,

Bikes for your goldfish.
Your chance to own a piece of actual space. (product may contain stars or small planets)
Three wheeled unicycles.
One wheeled tricycles.

And my personal favorite, sunroofs for submarines. (please note these are not suitable for surface use.)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
my contribution...

When I ordered this I couldn't quite figure out where exactly I would put it. I decided putting it in front of the hood scoop I put in really helps keep rain out of the storage space. A+ product.

I am wondering if they make this for Austin Healey Sprites, as well. I need one for that and a seat belt for my motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I would like to have a three-wheeled unicycle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.