MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this mod recently and have had a couple of people express interest in having it done. Before I decide to do it or not I would like to get an idea of those that would be interested in having it done. I was thinking of a price around $75 plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
congrats you banmepleasebanmepleasebanmepleasebanmeplease up the dip tray ^_^

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
congrats you banmeplease up the dip tray ^_^
As the OP said, several people have expressed an interest in this mod. One even suggested he offer the service commercially. Hense the post. While I'm not enthused with this mod, I see no reason to deride it.
To each his/her own.-_-

·
Registered
782 Posts
I personnaly don't like this mod but the small amount of water this will let through won't affect much. If somebody likes it I don't see why they should consider this #%**&#@$ the driptray.

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
Why are people intent on putting spyder, mrs logo and other related spyder insignia on every damn panel they can find. We have the steering wheel, the center caps, hvac buttons, stickers, block off plates, badges, headrests, door panels, radio/carpc start up screens, brake lights, wind blockers etc. And others who paint the damn car with spIder things.

The word rice gets thrown around alot here but the main culprit it seems is ... yourselves.
Give it a rest people. Pick one classy location and STOP the foolishness.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Why are people intent on putting spyder, mrs logo and other related spyder insignia on every damn panel they can find. We have the steering wheel, the center caps, hvac buttons, stickers, block off plates, badges, headrests, door panels, radio/carpc start up screens, brake lights, wind blockers etc. And others who paint the damn car with spIder things.

The word rice gets thrown around alot here but the main culprit it seems is ... yourselves.
Give it a rest people. Pick one classy location and STOP the foolishness.
Ha! Ha! Well you definately speak your mind, I agree with you on some of it. I'm guilty of having some of those items, but only tastefull things in my opinion. If it doesn't look like it could have been stock I don't want it.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
MR-S.... Anyone else split their guts when watching the Arrested Development episode: MR F ? Charlize Theron's character chased by "Mr. F", turns out he was warning she's a "Mentally Retarded Female").

[/hijack]

·
Registered
9,829 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, I got a few of those things I listed. At first it was like cool, then it was oh nice its now on this, finally lead to what? another one?! :lol:

Hows that cut Oldman? CNC lathe? Waterjet?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I used a Northwood WaterJet and this Cad file my Son and I made.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I really like it, the only thing that bothers me is the alignment of the cut-out. You aligned the top of the letters, but only the mr part should have been aligned.

Like this.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really like it, the only thing that bothers me is the alignment of the cut-out. You aligned the top of the letters, but only the mr part should have been aligned.

Like this.

If you do it like that the letters will appear crooked when seen thru the vents in the engine lid.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I don't think so, I think they appear crooked now !

·
Registered
782 Posts
Agreed. The drip tray is just that, a drip tray. Maybe painting the tray a contrasting color.
I've thought about painting the tray in a contrasting color, not sure what color would work. Don't want anything that would stand out too much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts