MR2 SpyderChat banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
im new here and i have searched everywhere and i was wondering if there are any ITB's (individual throttle bodies) for the mr2 spyder

G

·
0 Posts
even if they were available for the 1zz (which i highly doubt) there is no practical way to install them - you'd have to say goodbye to your soft top.........

kev

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
they would be the shortest runners ive ever seen, cutting thru the firewall to go where the soft top would be is not even an option, do you have any idea how loud that would be not to mention a list of other problems.

G

·
0 Posts
i suppose it would be a hard installation. I wouldnt mind removing the soft top and all of its components providing i get the hard top. and yes, i kno it would be loud, but just imagine how sexy that thing would sound. As for other problems, many other cars have ITB's available and with the right tuning and supporting mods they perform and sound really well.

G

·
0 Posts
oh, i am VERY aware of how loud it is. I've got a couple of freinds who have them in their civic's and this one guy with an S2000 and they are extremely loud, especially an WOT AND when they hit V-TEC. those things scream so loud, they're louder than most super-bikes. i personally just think that its the most sexiest thing in the world....the sound of high rpm's and ITBs....to me its soo intoxicating...i love it.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Originally posted by Daillestchop
any idiot can drive fast in a straight line
nice

G

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Daillestchop
oh, i am VERY aware of how loud it is. I've got a couple of freinds who have them in their civic's and this one guy with an S2000 and they are extremely loud, especially an WOT AND when they hit V-TEC. those things scream so loud, they're louder than most super-bikes. i personally just think that its the most sexiest thing in the world....the sound of high rpm's and ITBs....to me its soo intoxicating...i love it.

they do sound fantastic, but keep in mind they'd be inside of the passenger compartment with a hardtop.....

kev

·
Registered
15,151 Posts
Originally posted by TWM Performance
Hi Guys,

I noticed that the link for TWM Performance short shifters is dead on the 1st page, here's the new link where you can find our products:

TWM Short Shifters

Also be sure to check out our new performance shift knobs website, www.twmshiftknobs.com.

Thanks,

Kevin
TWM Performance
those are kinda pricey :crazyeyes:
b&m are around 75 i think and a che is only 39.99 both good quality.

edit 150

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
Originally posted by spydercam+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spydercam)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TWM Performance
Hi Guys,

I noticed that the link for TWM Performance short shifters is dead on the 1st page, here's the new link where you can find our products:

TWM Short Shifters

Also be sure to check out our new performance shift knobs website, www.twmshiftknobs.com.

Thanks,

Kevin
TWM Performance
those are kinda pricey :crazyeyes:
b&m are around 75 i think and a che is only 39.99 both good quality.[/b]
where are you finding the b&m for around 75? most i see are around 150

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
About this Discussion
53 Replies
28 Participants
TrackKingRacing
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing