MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seeking advice -

1. Does anyone know whether front-end parts (i.e. bumper, hood, headlights, & fenders) from a 2000-05 Celica are interchangeable with MR2 Spyders?
2. Has anyone ever come across halo projector headlights for the Spyder similar to those available for the Celica? Like these http://spyderauto.com/product.php?id=PRO-YD-TCEL00-LED-C.

·
Registered
10,033 Posts
1. None we're aware of, but I've seen people bolt the Celica hood scoop to our hood.
2. I've seen some for sale on Yahoo Auctions Japan. They were custom made by a vendor.

·
Registered
698 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Something I would love to do is that headlight swap. I know the front strut tops are the same. Have a set of Cusco camber adjustable ones for a celica on my Spyder. Did not compare whole strut though.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I would love to put these celica lights on my spyder. How does one do that?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hello All,

This is my first post.

I was looking at various body kits and wondered is this an actual body kit?

Regards Alan
The Blue car was built by a guy in Denmark, the bodykit is Veilside widebody but the headlight convention is a custom job, i've seen this car in person here in Sweden and it acctualy looks really good irl.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Do Celicas use the same connectors as Spyder headlights? Wondering if it's plug n play or not before I consider an attempt to modify the hood/bumper/fender for fitment.
It depends.... on the year of your Spyder. I've been thinking about this too. If you have a 2003 or later it will be fairly straightforward. If you have a 2000-2002 you will have to do a facelift headlight mod on the wiring - which is not all that complicated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It depends.... on the year of your Spyder. I've been thinking about this too. If you have a 2003 or later it will be fairly straightforward. If you have a 2000-2002 you will have to do a facelift headlight mod on the wiring - which is not all that complicated.
Going to post on celica forums to try and find discarded headlights, if I do decide to proceed I'll make a new thread on work... Thanks for the info

1 - 20 of 25 Posts