MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my swap is underway---the pulling stuff out part anyways. Successfully removed old engine and transmission without breaking anything (take that back, broke-off clutch slave cylinder line). Flooded garage with antifreeze and the old engine keeps leaking oil, even though I drained it out?!??馃が馃く Anyways, here are pics of my new engine prepped on stand k24a2, and the old one (hint: dirty is old). Oh and still waiting for 1) RSX engine harness from MAP and 2) Civic SI 6spd lsd transmission to be rebuilt by geardriveninc. hopefully both will be here within a week.

Also, anyone in Atlanta area/nearby who has done this swap? that I could possibly look around your car to see how some things were solved please.

Enjoy the pics.

10/21/2020--- Trying to fix my original shifter cable, Took-out gas tank to see its condition, and drain fuel. Disconnecting Evap Tank is "pain in behind". I also had water accumulation, really nasty mold there, which I never even had a clue was there in the first place. Strong suggestion to people who's softtop is leaking even lightly, Check Your Evap Tank Area---there might be water accumulation.

Attachments

Registered
If you search youtube, you will find that there is a person with a K20 MR2 Spyder hitting up the local tracks like Road Atlanta. I bet he would be a good resource.

I can't believe there are going to be 2+ K20 MR2s in this area.

Registered
If you search youtube, you will find that there is a person with a K20 MR2 Spyder hitting up the local tracks like Road Atlanta. I bet he would be a good resource.

I can't believe there are going to be 2+ K20 MR2s in this area.
Thats heeltoehero. Really good guy. I knew him before the k swap. He has a wealth of knowledge dealing with the k series.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts