MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car will not select gear ! has been to local dealer and he says its either engine ecu or gearbox ecu, I have tried a gearbox ecu and car is still the same. luid level is ok , i cant hear any strange noises . whats the basics checks that i can do first ? dealer is very unhelpful !!!!
thanks people and I look forward to hearing from you Keith

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Hey Keith..

Really need the Codes.. and a little more than " Will not Select gear"..

Does it Start?.. and Stay running.. ?.. then Engine turns off when it's unable to select Gear?..

You said the Trans Computer was Changed.. ( TCU ) was it changed back?..

When ever a piece is moved, removed or replaced in the SMT System, USUALLY the 'Sensor Relearn Process' need to be performed.. If the 'Newer TCU' was installed without a Re-learn process doen, then the TCU thinks it's in the Old car, and can't find anything..

A good Stsrting point is a Forced Re-learn on the Old TCU.. has that been done?..

What sort of Computer Skills do you have..

What sort of Wrenching Skills do you have..

How much Money do you have to waste on this car?..

All realistic Questions..

Cap

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Hey Keith..

Really need the Codes.. and a little more than " Will not Select gear"..

Does it Start?.. and Stay running.. ?.. then Engine turns off when it's unable to select Gear?..

You said the Trans Computer was Changed.. ( TCU ) was it changed back?..

When ever a piece is moved, removed or replaced in the SMT System, USUALLY the 'Sensor Relearn Process' need to be performed.. If the 'Newer TCU' was installed without a Re-learn process doen, then the TCU thinks it's in the Old car, and can't find anything..

A good Stsrting point is a Forced Re-learn on the Old TCU.. has that been done?..

What sort of Computer Skills do you have..

What sort of Wrenching Skills do you have..

How much Money do you have to waste on this car?..

All realistic Questions..

Cap
Wow.. I can tell this is going to be difficult..

Keith.. can you please answer the Rest of my Questions?..

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
But is it the Left one or the ride side one? They are different.
It depends if the postbionic emulator is hyperfluxing or not. If it's hyperfluxing, then the anti-frictionator will be overventuating and that would mean the right. If it's not hyperfluxing, then the tripolarizing mechno-servalator will be stuck delateralizing and that would mean the left.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.