MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
Been lurking around in the threads for under a year. :)
I got my 05 MR2 Spyder in May of last year in Vegas. I bought it fully stock with a hardtop. So far I have taken her to my very first All Toyota Fest earlier this year.
I see a couple Spyders every now and then and actually came across a black Spyder last night, unfortunately I was in my 86. :cry: Anyone else in Vegas? I get super excited to see people around my age in Spyders. I do see a couple of older ladies with their Spyders which is nice to see.
Here is how she looks now, she will be lowered on Teins and Konis soon. My C-One front strut bar will be coming in soon from Japan, too. 馃榿
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
2004 with lsd
Hello everyone!
Been lurking around in the threads for under a year. :)
I got my 05 MR2 Spyder in May of last year in Vegas. I bought it fully stock with a hardtop. So far I have taken her to my very first All Toyota Fest earlier this year.
I see a couple Spyders every now and then and actually came across a black Spyder last night, unfortunately I was in my 86. :cry: Anyone else in Vegas? I get super excited to see people around my age in Spyders. I do see a couple of older ladies with their Spyders which is nice to see.
Here is how she looks now, she will be lowered on Teins and Konis soon. My C-One front strut bar will be coming in soon from Japan, too. 馃榿
View attachment 91531
Very sharp

Super Moderator
I think I remember this car... I nearly bought it too!... Was right after I sold my own and was hesitant to jump back in so quick. Here I am a year later looking again and wishing I had bought that one

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very sharp
I think I remember this car... I nearly bought it too!... Was right after I sold my own and was hesitant to jump back in so quick. Here I am a year later looking again and wishing I had bought that one
Oh yeah I read that thread! My friend actually directed me to the listing on here after I had bought it. I found it first on Offer Up. 馃槄 I wasn鈥檛 really in the market for a Spyder, but I鈥檓 a sucker for rarer years and I鈥檓 kind of a gen 2 nerd.

Registered
What color? I鈥檝e seen one emerald, one red, a few silvers and black Spyders so far.
Green and black. I might change it again. I doubt you've seen it unless you've been in the scene for more than 10 years. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Pixiv

Registered
Toyota's hard-earned reputation for reliability is evident in the MR2 and there's little to be worried about when buying this mid-engined roadster. However, it's worth checking for any signs of crash damage, or track day use such as excessively worn tyre edges.

Registered
I'm in Vegas too. Just picked up an 03 Spyder a couple months ago from Kansas and drove it back by way of a Colorado road trip.

Unfortunately, it's been parked in my garage for the last month with a cracked in half exhaust and a horrendous coolant leak out the timing chain cover. Got a ppe header to replace the exhaust and unsuccessfully tried to patch the coolant leak with JB weld. I got the cover off and a new one comes in tomorrow, so hopefully, I'll have it buttoned back up and on the road soon.

Been driving a matrix xrs with the 2zzge for the last 4 or 5 years. The ultimate goal is to rip the engine out of that and put it in the mr2. Never done an engine swap before, but am excited for when the day comes.
Wheel Tire Sky Mountain Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Building Vehicle

Here's both my rigs. I think they complement each other well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Toyota's hard-earned reputation for reliability is evident in the MR2 and there's little to be worried about when buying this mid-engined roadster. However, it's worth checking for any signs of crash damage, or track day use such as excessively worn tyre edges.
Thanks! Tires seem good, the previous seller did mention an accident on the rear but the frame looks good and it looks as if it hadn鈥檛 been in one. It was garaged and I think they mostly used it for going out on the weekends. His wife said she misses her. lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm in Vegas too. Just picked up an 03 Spyder a couple months ago from Kansas and drove it back by way of a Colorado road trip.

Unfortunately, it's been parked in my garage for the last month with a cracked in half exhaust and a horrendous coolant leak out the timing chain cover. Got a ppe header to replace the exhaust and unsuccessfully tried to patch the coolant leak with JB weld. I got the cover off and a new one comes in tomorrow, so hopefully, I'll have it buttoned back up and on the road soon.

Been driving a matrix xrs with the 2zzge for the last 4 or 5 years. The ultimate goal is to rip the engine out of that and put it in the mr2. Never done an engine swap before, but am excited for when the day comes. View attachment 91564
View attachment 91565
Here's both my rigs. I think they complement each other well.
Awesome looking cars! How does that happen? I think this will stay 1zz for awhile. Just a comfortable car I like to use on the weekends. I have other cars I use for dailying, since I do get a bit anxious taking this on the road. 馃榿

Registered
This was the last pic I took of mine. It has a different wing now, and I'm "working" on installing the turbo stuff. One day I'll have to get a lift for the casita garage...

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This was the last pic I took of mine. It has a different wing now, and I'm "working" on installing the turbo stuff. One day I'll have to get a lift for the casita garage...
That鈥檚 a nice hood! Been thinking about getting one and paint matching it鈥 but I have a GR86 right now to worry about lol.

Registered
Been there. Traded my FRS for a 535 (manual), then to an Explorer (kids), then to an E63, then to the ZL1 1LE pictured above.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts