MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to have my seats re upholstered, i would like to keep the stock seats because i do like them, i had a shop quote me around 500 to replace all of the grey going down the center with black and to replace the pieces that are damaged. They would still be re using some of the material. What are my options and does that seem like a fair price for that work?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I need to have my seats re upholstered, i would like to keep the stock seats because i do like them, i had a shop quote me around 500 to replace all of the grey going down the center with black and to replace the pieces that are damaged. They would still be re using some of the material. What are my options and does that seem like a fair price for that work?
I'm in the same boat, my drivers bottom ass area started to rip.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I went through the same process till I went with the s2000 seats..

I would say, look for seat for sale online that in good condition, for that price point and well beyond under.
Go buy celica seats for well below? s2k in good condition runs about the same.

If all else fails, call more shops and get the best prices.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I had the same problem, but found a set of Celica GT seats in much better condition. I think they are more comfortable and were simple to install.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I had the interior upholstery completely redone (seats & door panels) on both my Spyders about two years ago. The seats are vinyl with cloth inserts and have storage pouches on the lower back. I got to do the design, choose the materials, and supervise the construction & installation.
The job cost about $700 per car.

·
Registered
76 Posts
As an option: http://www.gtcovers.com/

They will send you fabric samples if you call. I am going to put a set in my car soon. Going with the "exotics" fabric (feaux leather) in black and yellow (L24/L1R-Yellow).

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I questions I have: Do reupholstered leather seats age as well as OEM leather?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.