MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

because of the lack of stifness in the MR2s front, i started producing my own strut bars for LHD cars.
I got asked by many friends to produce some more for them, at first I just built a detachable 3-piece version(3,4kg weigth), now I am producing a fixed one in TRD style(4,3kg weigth) too.
The mount plates are precise lasercut from 5mm on the fixed version and 3mm on the detachable version, all around high grade steel and TIG welded.
Now I will produce a bigger batch of them, if you want to get one send me a DM and i will put you on the preorder list.
All parts get painted matte black or powdercoated(individual colours on request).
Priced at 220$ for the detachable one and 300$ for the TRD style one, inkluding shipping cost.
Delivery in about 4weeks, preorder starts now.
Shipping worldwide.

Detachable 3-piece version

Fixed TRD-style version

·
Registered
272 Posts
My only issue is you joined 23 hours ago and started selling! Will this be a PayPal or other secure transaction?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My only issue is you joined 23 hours ago and started selling! Will this be a PayPal or other secure transaction?
of course you could pay per paypal, i dont try to scam people!
There will be real pictures of course when the production pieces arrive at my shop too, nobody will pay for something they didnt saw before.
PS: you can buy them on ebay too(higher price)

·
Registered
399 Posts
That was my thought too, it was 2 posts when I saw this. What will be payment method? As I strongly suggest to others not to do cash app or venmo. Nothing personal

·
Registered
'03 Paradise Blue 6SMT
170 Posts
If it matters and as far as I can tell, this guy has been a registered member of the MR2 Spyder FB group since May 2019.

Reactions: MWcomponents

·
Registered
'03 Paradise Blue 6SMT
170 Posts
Looks great! possible to have the boxed attachment points like the TRD? And a hole for the Brake Fluid Reservoir? Very much interested :)
@MWcomponents - I believe Brandon on FB asked the same. I’d be in the same boat, if the hole for the cap can be integrated into it.

·
Registered
2000 - Stock
32 Posts
I am definitely interested in the TRD style bar. Seems like that is the more effective option over one that is hinged. This is on the condition that actual photos of the part on a Spyder are provided...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Today the lasercut strut plates for the detachable version arrived at my shop, at the end of the next week they will be ready for shipping.
Still waiting for the trd style strut plates…
Automotive tire Bicycle part Wood Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Rim Gas

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@MWcomponents - I believe Brandon on FB asked the same. I’d be in the same boat, if the hole for the cap can be integrated into it.
A hole for the reservoir can be done for a little extra fee, but do you really think that it is necessary? I mean how often do you have to refill your brake fluid?
I think it looks way better with a straight bar...anyways just write me a dm and we will find a design suitable for your application.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks great! possible to have the boxed attachment points like the TRD? And a hole for the Brake Fluid Reservoir? Very much interested :)
write me a dm, we will find a solution for the reservoir(y)
I didnt designed boxed attachement points because:
a) it makes no differnce in structual rigidity and stiffness(added 2mm extra material to the plates and enlarged the contact area)
b) it would be way more expensive
c) it is total pain to paint or coat such parts with those big overhangs and cavitys(rust protection)

·
Registered
2000 - Stock
32 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the update. If we end up purchasing can we request powder coat over paint?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts