MR2 SpyderChat banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Search Hopr Fabrication on Instagram, they have proven working front and rear strut bar using chromoly, and it's about 2.5 lb lighter than trd bars front and back.

·
Registered
'03 Paradise Blue 6SMT
170 Posts
A hole for the reservoir can be done for a little extra fee, but do you really think that it is necessary? I mean how often do you have to refill your brake fluid?

I think it looks way better with a straight bar...anyways just write me a dm and we will find a design suitable for your application.
I agree, it does look better to be seamless. You do make a fair point, on how often do I access it as I can't recall the last time, I did. But, I'm also not for always having to take off the strut tower brace, should I or some mechanic need to access it.

I'll reach out probably through FBM, as I saw your post of the prototype went up in the MR2 Spyder FB Group.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey guys,
first TRD style bar has been finished last week, changed some design points to increase stiffness even more.
The bar itself from now on will meet the exact same dimensions and design as the original TRD one is, hollow c profile with thick walled tubing on both sides, also added some reinforment structures to the mount plates.
ALL upcoming bars will get a powdercoat instead of paint
A set with a hinge that can be added to the frunk door will be offered too for a little extra fee(need to cut the door).
Hole for brake reservoir on request, not sure on pricing to be honest
Auto part Circle Fashion accessory Nut Household hardware

Here are some pictures of the first bar:
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design
Grille Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive tire Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
121 Posts
I didn't preorder but I think I want one, TRD style!

·
Registered
2000 - Stock
32 Posts
Looking good. Just to be clear, the first bar you are showing does not have the mounting plate reinforcements on it? When do you suspect the updated version will be ready to ship?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Looking good. Just to be clear, the first bar you are showing does not have the mounting plate reinforcements on it? When do you suspect the updated version will be ready to ship?
The first batch of the 3 piece version got shipped already, im working as fast as possible on the trd style strut bar.
I will continue posting updates.
Material for the rear strut bar got ordered already too.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hey guys,
first TRD style bar has been finished last week, changed some design points to increase stiffness even more.
The bar itself from now on will meet the exact same dimensions and design as the original TRD one is, hollow c profile with thick walled tubing on both sides, also added some reinforment structures to the mount plates.
ALL upcoming bars will get a powdercoat instead of paint
A set with a hinge that can be added to the frunk door will be offered too for a little extra fee(need to cut the door).
Hole for brake reservoir on request, not sure on pricing to be honest
View attachment 84788
Here are some pictures of the first bar:
View attachment 84785 View attachment 84786 View attachment 84787
Holy Toledo, like the TRD but like to keep the tire lid

As a daily driver got to have a spare tire

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It fits under the bar, but you can open it just a little bit.
There are two options to keep it functional:
1) just twist it out when you need to open it(thats my way)
2) im offering a set with a hinge that can be installed on the door, but you need to cut it in two pieces.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts