MR2 SpyderChat banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive tire

little addition for those guys who asked for a brake reservoir hole, like the original one has.
That isn’t necessary anymore cause the bar got lifted up, you can take of the cap with two fingers and fill the reservoir trough the hole in the bar.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
About to place and order for a trd style one with MWcomponents. Anyone on here from the first batch can offer a review or feedback on seller and product?
The first batch has been pretty small and was sold mainly over the mr2 spyder fb group, the thread here came a little later and so the customers on spyderchat are just coming right now. I think there a two reviews under my post in the fb group if youre interested.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Automotive tire Gas Bumper Wood Automotive exterior

Just got my trd style strut brace in the mail yesterday. I have not had a chance to test fit it due to my car being covered in plastic to prevent it from getting over sprayed while I am painting suspension parts. I am very impressed with the build quality and finish. The welds all look top notch and it came painted in an oem like satin black powder coat. It came well packaged in a cardboard sleeve with a lot of wrapping. No damage or scratches whatsoever. I am very happy with my purchase!

·
Registered
2000 - Stock
80 Posts
Got mine as well!

I’ll echo everything 2001spyderct said. The part looks well constructed and strong. The finish is pretty good and the welds appear high quality, too. But I am not an expert there. My only minor complaint is that the bottom inside edge of the holes on the main beam should have been de-burred before powder coating.

The bar fit perfectly and the bolt holes have just enough of a slot in them to make fitting even easier.

I have never seen a real TRD bar in person but this appears to be a pretty faithful replica.I think there are fewer welds at the end plates and they are not fully boxed in like the TRD bar. I weighed it at 7 pounds.

One thing I did not realize, and it’s my own negligence, is that you can’t fit the frunk lid on with the bar. I thought I would be able to slide it underneath the bar. This is true for TRD as well. I saw some old threads where @dev had made some canvas covers. Not sure if those are still around.

Musical instrument Wood Font Rectangle Circle

Hand Automotive tire Sleeve Finger Bicycle part

Automotive lighting Communication Device Automotive exterior Bumper Musical instrument accessory

Bumper Communication Device Automotive exterior Gadget Portable communications device

Automotive tire Kitchen utensil Bumper Audio equipment Home appliance

Car Grille Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

I will update with driving impressions as soon as I can

·
Registered
2000 - Stock
80 Posts
Here it is with the plastic trimmed to fit. You can see I had to cut a slot into the bump for the windshield wiper motor. I could have forced the clips in without that cut but this felt more complete.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

took It for a quick spin and the result is what I think others have found with a good front strut brace. I am happy. It didn’t reduce cowl shake any further but it tightened up the front end. I also have a breast plate and door bushings so my result is less dramatic than if this was my first brace.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Here it is with the plastic trimmed to fit. You can see I had to cut a slot into the bump for the windshield wiper motor. I could have forced the clips in without that cut but this felt more complete.

View attachment 86127

took It for a quick spin and the result is what I think others have found with a good front strut brace. I am happy. It didn’t reduce cowl shake any further but it tightened up the front end. I also have a breast plate and door bushings so my result is less dramatic than if this was my first brace.
Dam 🦫 dude that looks good

·
Registered
79 Posts
Received mines today too. Bar looks good (bigger than I imagined it too be). Packaging was really beat up and torn up. It was saran wrap over cardboard. Not sure if that was seller or if US custom did a crap job rewrapping it out of custom (where it stay for about 2 weeks). Fortunately the bar itself looks to be not damage.

·
Registered
2001 MR2 Spyder
18 Posts

View attachment 86127

That looks very nice, what did you use on the trim of the cutouts?

41 - 60 of 79 Posts