MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Not sure I'm liking the look of the wheels sticking out on the sides, the rest looks good.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm wanting to like it, I really like the way it looks from the front, but it doesn't match the rest of the car. It needs fenders to match, maybe a wide body kit.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
That font end is a really strong design. Do what T-Bone said. Also, those side skirts aren't a match. I think something like this would be better.
http://www.jdltuning.com/toyota/toyota-mr2-jdl-side-skirts.html
For most bodykits I'd never recommend them, as the design draws a lot of attention, but I think they might work well in your case.

If it were my car:
Paint-matched headlights
JDL side skirts
C1 style painted intake (there are replicas available)
Fender flares to cover the "poke"

That said, I think the front end is cool and has a lot of potential. The rest of the car just needs to match the theme. :) Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
How much work did it take to fit the techart nose to the factory lights?

·
Registered
627 Posts
The front end doesn't match the rest of the car. The wheels stick out a lot. I somewhat like the front bumper cover, but like stated above, it needs a wide-body kit to look okay.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The front end doesn't match the rest of the car. The wheels stick out a lot. I somewhat like the front bumper cover, but like stated above, it needs a wide-body kit to look okay.
I completely agree with you, just doesn't look right!

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
The proportions are all wrong. Way too fugly.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Every time I see another body kit, I realize just how clean the 2000-2002 OEM front end looks. I think even Toyota mucked it up on later models.

And whats the deal with the huge offset in the wheels? Sorry, they make it look like a cartoon car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts