MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Not sure I'm liking the look of the wheels sticking out on the sides, the rest looks good.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm wanting to like it, I really like the way it looks from the front, but it doesn't match the rest of the car. It needs fenders to match, maybe a wide body kit.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
That font end is a really strong design. Do what T-Bone said. Also, those side skirts aren't a match. I think something like this would be better.
http://www.jdltuning.com/toyota/toyota-mr2-jdl-side-skirts.html
For most bodykits I'd never recommend them, as the design draws a lot of attention, but I think they might work well in your case.

If it were my car:
Paint-matched headlights
JDL side skirts
C1 style painted intake (there are replicas available)
Fender flares to cover the "poke"

That said, I think the front end is cool and has a lot of potential. The rest of the car just needs to match the theme. :) Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
How much work did it take to fit the techart nose to the factory lights?

·
Registered
627 Posts
The front end doesn't match the rest of the car. The wheels stick out a lot. I somewhat like the front bumper cover, but like stated above, it needs a wide-body kit to look okay.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The front end doesn't match the rest of the car. The wheels stick out a lot. I somewhat like the front bumper cover, but like stated above, it needs a wide-body kit to look okay.
I completely agree with you, just doesn't look right!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
That's one fugly frontbumper! Damn...doesn't look right at all!
Looks good from the picture of the front, definately needs something to tie it into the rest of the car. An APR widebody kit perheaps.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
The proportions are all wrong. Way too fugly.

·
Registered
23,072 Posts
Maybe it's an optical illusion but it doesn't even look straight.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Every time I see another body kit, I realize just how clean the 2000-2002 OEM front end looks. I think even Toyota mucked it up on later models.

And whats the deal with the huge offset in the wheels? Sorry, they make it look like a cartoon car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts