MR2 SpyderChat banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Congrats! So much stress relief comes from that first start...
Thank you! Honestly didn’t have much hope i would get this far, but having wiregap doing my wiring harness has been the biggest help for getting this build done as quickly as i possibly could. If I would of done it myself, not sure how long it would of taken me to figure it out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Update: Needed to order a couple more parts, needed to extend midpipe and add a flex piece in it. Charcoal cannisters and the other one should be coming in this week, this will be able to pass emissions 100%, or at least that’s the goal.

I’m also working on part two of the video series on YouTube, it’ll basically be recapping my posts with some voice overs and a couple extra bits.

Again I work full time now so I’m very short on time, but hopefully in two weeks or so I should be able to take it out for a rip around and see how it actually drives, pray for my axles.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Axles, fluids, wiring, all done, intake installed behind the battery, battery secured. Finishing up little things but it goes into gear and idles good. Need to adjust the ac compressor because it’s a tad off, not sure how I’ll end up doing it but I’ll post and update on it. Putting back the interior, still need to make seat brackets and install my hood pins for the trunk latch. Other than that it’s basically done. Oh also the headlights I still need to do.

Here’s how the bay looks right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Got around to finishing one headlight, working on the second. Here’s the final product, car is so close to being done.
The headlights are interesting. I hope you do make that "How To" video.
I guess I can, as of right now I just have some pictures, I started a post a while ago about the process, but yeah next weekend I’m going to make the video. It’ll post the link when it’ll be done. Basically it’s just some 05 Mitsubishi Eclipse aftermarket headlights that I cut up and used a plastic welder and retrofitted the housing to fit into the spyder headlight housing. Then sand and smooth out as much as possible.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Got any output shots? Hopefully the output is straight and the projectors aren't awful. Many aftermarket headlights use borderline unsafe optics.
I tested it and it’s better lighting compared to stock, I think it’ll do the job just fine. Will have completed pics soon

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Here’s an update, got to drive it, pulls hard sounds mean, so happy. Here’s the link to the first drive and below are some pictures. Still need to put in the other seat and pull the fenders, tires are sticking out about 2-3 inches on each side

DCB54A08-4E9F-4FAA-A2DD-5557557D5AAA.jpeg

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Update: I will be at SEMA young guns competition in PA on July 20th. I got selected to be entered to compete for a “golden ticket” to sema show with 9 other people. I don’t have hopes of winning anything but it will be a cool experience.

With that being said the car will be getting a full repaint in audi’s Nardo Gray in the coming weeks. Fender pulling/rolling to fit the wide wheels coming up next week, and full repaint in about two weeks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Sounds healthy. Good luck in the competition.
Thank you! The engine has around 180k miles on it, but seems to run good. Will be taking it on a 5 hour drive to PA. I’ll pack a fire extinguisher just in case but hopefully it should be ok.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
here’s a picture of the engine bay, I’ve been driving it for about 30 miles now, and it rips. Only issue so far is that when I rev it to limiter, the oil pressure light will come on and I have to turn the car off and then on again and it goes away. Not sure what’s going on, may purchase a spare engine just in case. Will put about 600 miles this week to further see if everything works, then next weekend paint prep. Here’s a picture of the engine bay.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts
About this Discussion
79 Replies
18 Participants
Andrei2cool2
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing