Unorthodox Racing Under Drive pulley

·
Registered
22,970 Posts
Does your mrs plans to get a gas cap.

·
Registered
312 Posts
why does it look like your soft top is caving in on the side profile shot?

And here is a noob question, did toyota ever offer the oem wheels machine polished? I've seen them on a few mr2's but im not sure if it's just something people do themselves.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
From what I've read, the chromed wheels were a rare factory option. IIRC, someone posted a part# on another post when this was previously debated.

***edit*** not to say he couldn't have had it done himself.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Anderson -- one of our members -- has the factory chrome wheels. I've communicated a few times with him about the chrome wheels. IIRC, they were factory, but the challenging problem is there is no factory part for the Chrome wheels vs. stock alloy wheels. Very confusing! I've had my stock alloy wheels surface polished (on ust the rims and "star pattern" and they look pretty nice. I've got a spare set of wheels that I may have polisehd inside and out so they have that kind-of chrome look to them. Another project sometime down the road -- long down the road, in this economy. :lol:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
It's really almost no work to polish them yourself. Aircraft stripper, grinder with polishing cloth, dremmel with polisher, lacquer. Whole process takes about 20 minutes per wheel of actual work, about the same waiting on the stripper to work. You can do it it without the lacquer but its gonna dull alot faster down the road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea you know how us ricers are....but my nephew used the gas cap cover to climb into the car sooooooo thats what happens if a 3 year gets a hold of it...but idk know the convertible cover looks like its sinking just how its always been,

·
Registered
95 Posts
From what I've read, the chromed wheels were a rare factory option. IIRC, someone posted a part# on another post when this was previously debated.

***edit*** not to say he couldn't have had it done himself.
So are the wheels in the photo chrome or polished?

·
Registered
971 Posts
It needs some wheels (black would look nice)... the rest is really nice

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
So are the wheels in the photo chrome or polished?
Best guess, I'm betting on the fact that the OP is into visual mods, and that the wheels aren't listed as being polished, that they're factory. I could be way off here though... only the OP will be able to say with absolute certainty.

·
Registered
312 Posts
It needs some wheels (black would look nice)... the rest is really nice
+1

black wheels would look really nice and tie in the hood. I don't know what it is about that yellow but it looks amazing, similar to s2k yellow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
the hood gap is already fixed i hated that lol..but i just haven't found the right set of wheels i want yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts