MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was contacted by a guy in the UK, who is trying to put a M/T Spyder Turbo set up, into a running SMT Spyder.

The plan is to put the Complete turbo engine and set up, into the SMT.

It’s been discussed that a SMT can be turbo’d, but the Limitations I’m seeing on this set up is the Control of the Idle.

The SMT has no Idle Air Control Valve, and uses the Motor Operated Throttle Body butterfly to control the idle speed.

Here is a link to the Pictures on Photobucket. I decided to not post all the pictures, so the post will load faster.

http://s312.photobucket.com/albums/ll351/CapWeir/Turbo Engine Pics/

The Piggy is an F-Con V Pro version 3.1 Looks like it’s hard wired into the MT wireharness. This will require some surgery to remove.

Here is the link to the Piggy.

http://1jzmerc.com/hks-faq/hardware/f-con-v-pro-gold

and this is the Important parts for the Idle Speed Control

Linear Solenoid

• Change JP3 to 1-2.
• Disconnect and isolate 1 wire from harness to OEM ECU.
• Connect wire from AAC to F-CON V Pro pin 42.
• Set ISCV Type: Solenoid valve.
• Configure parameters.
Rotary Solenoid

• Change JP2 to 1-2.
• Disconnect and isolate 2 wires from harness to OEM ECU.
• Connect wire from RSC to F-CON V Pro pin 41.
• Connect wire from RSO to F-CON V Pro pin 42.
• Set ISCV Type: Rotary Solenoid.
• Configure parameters.
Stepping Motor

• Disconnect and isolate 4 wires from harness to OEM ECU.
• Set ISCV Type: Stepping Motor.
• Configure parameters.

For Toyota:
• connect ISC 1 wire to pin 37 (+A) of F-CON V PRO.
• connect ISC 2 wire to pin 30 (-B) of F-CON V PRO.
• connect ISC 3 wire to pin 29 (-A) of F-CON V PRO.
• connect ISC 4 wire to pin 38 (+B) of F-CON V PRO.

……………………………………………………………….

I’m thinking of letting the SMT ECU control the Idle Speed, and tell the Piggy to set the Idle LOWER than the ECU will do, so the Engine ECU will have control of the Idle Speed..

Can you Turbo Boys look over the Pictures and give CONSTRUCTIVE comments on this guys project?..

Thanks..

Cap

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No Takers?..

I know it's been done.. Just don't know what Piggy it's been done with.. , but the Problem is the same with any piggy.. who controls the idle.. Piggy or ECU..

I'm thinking put the MT IAC on an aluminum block, and plumb it into the intake of the SMT T-Body ( The SMT T-Body MUST Stay with the SMT System ) and let the piggy try and control the Idle speed that way.. just do not know if the SMT ECU will get too pissed ( Mad! )

Littlerocket has done it with a PFC running as a piggy..

Cap

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
I'm confused as to what you are doing. Are you ruining a turbod SMT that has drive by wire or are you just swapping the motor and transmission with a turbo setup and the ecu is from the smt and thinks there isn't a iacv. Either way, I think ruining an EMS in parralel will fix your problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a MT turbo sitting on the Ground with wireharness and ECU and Piggyback.. and it was running in a MT Spyder car

The problem is the SMT Car that he wants the Turbo to go into into has, no IAC.. so the Piggy has nothing to control the Idle Speed with.. and the question is.. How has this been done before?..

Cap

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
My hydra ems is wired in parralel so I can run my supercharger or turbo setup on my dbw. I use the igntion idle advance map to adjust the idle up or down and to smooth it out. Btw I kept my tb on the intake manifold not on the turbo as pictured (i think, posting from my phone)

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
Oh yeah, as long as you dont bore out the throttle the factory ecu will operate the dbw tb just fine controlling the idle with no problems. I didny have to make an adjustment till I bored it out. Obviously the larger the tb the more air flow for the same amount of blade movement. Hope this might help.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Jason..

It's up to him to make the Call to Turbo or Not.. I think he should.. He has looked this far into a project he really wants to do..

Cap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts