MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
I'm confused as to what you are doing. Are you ruining a turbod SMT that has drive by wire or are you just swapping the motor and transmission with a turbo setup and the ecu is from the smt and thinks there isn't a iacv. Either way, I think ruining an EMS in parralel will fix your problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
My hydra ems is wired in parralel so I can run my supercharger or turbo setup on my dbw. I use the igntion idle advance map to adjust the idle up or down and to smooth it out. Btw I kept my tb on the intake manifold not on the turbo as pictured (i think, posting from my phone)

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Oh yeah, as long as you dont bore out the throttle the factory ecu will operate the dbw tb just fine controlling the idle with no problems. I didny have to make an adjustment till I bored it out. Obviously the larger the tb the more air flow for the same amount of blade movement. Hope this might help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.