MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
01 spyder.. no mods yet..I got her ridiculously cheap from a buddy, so hopefully she will be show worthy one day!!
Enjoy!!

Let me know what ya think?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
F/B Strut braces, Tein Lowering springs,body kit, New stereo, header,exhaust, CAI, carbon fiber hood and trunk lid, and eventually a swapped motor with a 6 speed trans and Hass turbo kit..

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Clean ride they took care of her glad to heard that we have another spyder enthusiast.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clean ride they took care of her glad to heard that we have another spyder enthusiast.
Yessir, she has some miles on her.. 146,xxx to be exact but for 4000 bucks you cant beat the way she handles and she still runs strong..

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yessir, she has some miles on her.. 146,xxx to be exact but for 4000 bucks you cant beat the way she handles and she still runs strong..
I just hit 125 . Thats a great deal for that price.That is one thing i will agree with you drove many cars before i got my spyder. I fell in love how the spyder handles. Just do the proper maintaince and it should last you 300 plus.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea its hard to figure out where to start..
Bolt ons for the motor?
Or suspension?
And also does anyone have experience with the so called "car sponsorships".

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Sponsorship now days is hard to find.<_<
Yeah I'm with him. Their are many sites that are full of :bs: about sponsorship.Some required you to pay a fee and then you suppose to get discounts on parts. They tell you they have an opening and that the opening won't last long and that you need to pay asap sounds like a scam to me.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yea its hard to figure out where to start..
Bolt ons for the motor?
Or suspension?
And also does anyone have experience with the so called "car sponsorships".
You mention that everything is stock (except the Rims).I would go with a header to get the precats out of the way just to be save.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You mention that everything is stock (except the Rims).I would go with a header to get the precats out of the way just to be save.
Yea I did alot of reading on the whole pre-cats chipping away and leading to failure for my year model..And the header isnt expensive at all but I kinda wanna get the header and exhaust done all in one shot..and is this color really that hard to find?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yea I did alot of reading on the whole pre-cats chipping away and leading to failure for my year model..And the header isnt expensive at all but I kinda wanna get the header and exhaust done all in one shot..and is this color really that hard to find?
Here i only seen 2 blue ones 2 greens 3 whites and a bunch of silver ones.1 black 3 yellow 1 that light blue color which and old lady owns.:lol: 5 reds

·
Registered
727 Posts
If you want to get the header/exhaust out of the way first, this is what to do (IMO):

Send CHE a PM and order a header and downpipe... he will cut you a deal for ordering a header and dp at the same time. Prolly around 400-450 for both.

Then, try to jump on a Team Moon Group Buy. You will be able to pick up a Team Moon Dual Aluminized exhaust for around 300-330 on a group buy.

That will get the whole setup complete, pre-cats gone and sounding GREAT for less than $800. Then - brace, lower, body kit. Good luck :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you want to get the header/exhaust out of the way first, this is what to do (IMO):

Send CHE a PM and order a header and downpipe... he will cut you a deal for ordering a header and dp at the same time. Prolly around 400-450 for both.

Then, try to jump on a Team Moon Group Buy. You will be able to pick up a Team Moon Dual Aluminized exhaust for around 300-330 on a group buy.

That will get the whole setup complete, pre-cats gone and sounding GREAT for less than $800. Then - brace, lower, body kit. Good luck :)
Sweet man thank you for the info. I seen che's headers and exhaust pieces on ebay..But this gives me a little more insight on where to go and how to achieve it..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.